By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you PS3 beats 360 in console sales war?

PS3beats360 said:

Please answer my question. My username, threads and posts obviously tells you who I want to win this generation.

thats amazing though y do u own a 360 then if u have so much love for the PS3?

its very important that the ps3 beats the 360 and even the Wii If it doesnt at least pass the 360 by the end of 2011 i wont come back to VGC anymore

Play Me

Around the Network

Me no give true shit.

4 ≈ One

I don't care who wins. Just give me the games.

I am glad the 360 is outselling the PS3 though. Hopefully this taught Sony a lesson to not force a format down consumer's throat, not rely on brand only, lie about their products or tell people to get a second job to buy a PS3.

I just want the PS3 to sell enough consoles to the point where it will still receive good third party support by the time the NextBox releases. Other than that, couldn't care less.

I remember when the Dreamcast boards opened up at Sega's web page (all it was were an older style of forums in 98) they were engaging their fans and Sony hired people to come in and disrupt the user base with lies about the PS2. The lies were so outlandash it was completely amazing that people were suckered into actually believing them.

Around the Network

If the PS3 doesn't end up above the 360 by the end of this gen then I will consider taking my own life...

But in all seriousness I just want it to sell enough so that the support for it doesn't suffer due to its lack of sales etc etc.

PSN: Gippon

Ronster316 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Ronster316 said:

@ Darc Requiem

Very good post.

I know Sega caused part of their own downfall, but theres no denying that "Moneybags" sony moneyhatting 3rd party games left, right and centre & paying through the nose to advertise on every damn street corner, bus shelter, nightclub and during every t.v. commercial break didn't help Sega's situation either.

As i said before, Sega never had and never will have the kind of money to throw around that the likes of Sony and Microsoft do.

To say Sega would be out of the console business if sony didn't come along is unrealistic.

About moving on.............. well, this gereration has truly given me hope that one day i WILL finally be able to move on.

Ronster, you are in denial. Sega killed their consumer confidence, not Sony. Sega pissed of retailers in the US and Japan. Not Sony. Sega turned down the N64 architecture for the 9 processor nightmare called Saturn. Sega spent R&D money on two seperate architectures for the Dreamcast. Yes that is right, Sega of America and Sega of Japan had to seperate chipsets in development for what became the Dreamcast. Sega of America comissioned 3Dfx based console design, Sega of Japan commissioned a PowerVR based design. So not only did they spend twice the R&D necessary. They had to go to court when 3Dfx sued them after they choose the PowerVR design. This kind of stupidity that epitomizes the business end of Sega.

Sega was the most versatile developer in the gaming industry. They were the only developer capable of making a AAA title in any genre. Yet they were unable to capatilize on their software quality and be a financial success. Sega should have been able to sustain at bare minimum a niche market in the console business purely based on their own software. Similar to how Nintendo continued to make money after third parties jumped ship to Sony. Unfortunately the business minds at Sega were just as incompetent as their game development minds were brilliant.

I'm in denial?

How many people bought a ps1 due to the fact that every which damn way you turned you would see "playstation" advertisements?

You could not go anywhere in 1994-1995-1996 without seeing playstation advertisements.

omg omg OMG

dude u r unbelieveble

how does that have to do with anything

microsoft can't make hardware Or software.

being third will wake up to at least try.

Vista --> 7.
even if 7 is really good either. just a small improvement over vista.

your avatar says all of this thread..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Ronster316 said:
JGarret said:
Ronster, as much as you like Sega, you "should" also 'hate' them, because much of what caused their demise as a hardware maker was their own fault.

They made mistakes yes just like all companys have done at some stage.

But Sega never had the kind of money to throw around to cover up their mistakes like larger "corporations" have.

@ Kowenicki

Do Man City like Man Utd?

Do Tottenham Hotspur like Arsenal?

Do Liverpool like Everton?

Thats the kind of level my hatred for sony is comparable to lol.

Is it bad that I did not understand even 1 of those?

OT: I could care less if PS3 beats 360. Mainly because I own neither. My hope is they both do fairly well and that both Sony and Microsoft pull their heads from their asses and start trying to make a profit instead of cutting eachother's throats and trying to go for market  share, this late in the Gen that's not as important - Hint: YOU SHOULD BE MAKING MONEY ON A CONSOLE 3-4 YEARS AFTER IT RELEASES (that's directed at both of them)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.