By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you PS3 beats 360 in console sales war?

I care like, IMMENSLY. Like, I'm so like worried that like the PS3 won't like win the console wars that I'll like make sarcastic posts that like use the word like like a lot. Like yah.

Around the Network

Anyhow, we are all doomed... next gen will have 3 wii-like(HD ?) consoles ....

Casual gamers are kings now ....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I would be so happy to see PS3 outsell XBox 360 in total worldwide install base. To all the haters who doubted the PS3 would you want salt on that crow?

I want Microsoft to win, although whatever happens I won't really care.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

I want Microsoft to win . I dont like SONYs tactics all this years...
But to clear things up, i dont want anyone to monopolize the gaming industry, that would have been a disaster for us gamers...

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
I would be so happy to see PS3 outsell XBox 360 in total worldwide install base. To all the haters who doubted the PS3 would you want salt on that crow?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3611

There is no such things anymore...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Ronster316 said:
Golvellius said:
Ronster316 said:
Lafiel said:
Ronster316 said:

Those who know my history and loyalty to Sega will understand.......................

Sony were the 1st "corporation" to arrive in the console gaming business therefore i couldn't give a toss about them.

When sony taste defeat (not if........ when) then i will congratulate whichever company it is that inflicts the pain....... Wether it's Nintendo, Microsoft or even a new player (apple for example)

really?

Philips: CD-i 1990

Panasonic: 3DO 1991

Sony: Playstation 1994

Ok, fair enough......... 1st "corporation" to p*ss on REAL gaming companies like Sega and Nintendo.

I stand corrected.

Either way i don't like how they got in to this business and therefore will never have any respect for them.

Ronster, I completely agree with any of your posts in this thread. My primary reason for holding a grudge against Sony is that I grew up with Sega during the 8bit and 16bit era, and have identified Sony as those who essentially put them out of business. I admit that Sega made huge mistakes themselves, but _if_ it had been just Sega and Nintendo forever, I imagine that Sega would still build hardware. So I hate Sony for entering this business.

That being said, it's not really important to me that PS3 beats Xbox. On the contrary, I would love to see the PS3 fail even more than it has up till now.

Indeed Golvellius.

When will people get it in to their head that just about every playstation sold (unless people bought both) meant one less Sega saturn console sold.

How can anyone say that sony's arrival in to the gaming business didn't hurt Sega?

tut tut tut

Or maybe ''just about every N64 sold means one less sega saturn sold???'' SEGA did not even outsold N64. Is that also a Sony's fault???

BladeOfGod said:
Ronster316 said:
Golvellius said:
Ronster316 said:
Lafiel said:
Ronster316 said:

Those who know my history and loyalty to Sega will understand.......................

Sony were the 1st "corporation" to arrive in the console gaming business therefore i couldn't give a toss about them.

When sony taste defeat (not if........ when) then i will congratulate whichever company it is that inflicts the pain....... Wether it's Nintendo, Microsoft or even a new player (apple for example)

really?

Ok, fair enough......... 1st "corporation" to p*ss on REAL gaming companies like Sega and Nintendo.

I stand corrected.

Either way i don't like how they got in to this business and therefore will never have any respect for them.

Ronster, I completely agree with any of your posts in this thread. My primary reason for holding a grudge against Sony is that I grew up with Sega during the 8bit and 16bit era, and have identified Sony as those who essentially put them out of business. I admit that Sega made huge mistakes themselves, but _if_ it had been just Sega and Nintendo forever, I imagine that Sega would still build hardware. So I hate Sony for entering this business.

That being said, it's not really important to me that PS3 beats Xbox. On the contrary, I would love to see the PS3 fail even more than it has up till now.

Indeed Golvellius.

When will people get it in to their head that just about every playstation sold (unless people bought both) meant one less Sega saturn console sold.

How can anyone say that sony's arrival in to the gaming business didn't hurt Sega?

tut tut tut

Or maybe ''just about every N64 sold means one less sega saturn sold???'' SEGA did not even outsold N64. Is that also a Sony's fault???

Nintendo was there before. Nintendo is a game company.
Sony was mainly known for their hifi equipment at that time. They _newly_ entered the game industry.
Of course, no one can forbid them to do so, but no one can forbid me to hate them for that either.

BTW: In Japan, Saturn sold more units than N64.

BladeOfGod said:
Ronster316 said:
Golvellius said:
Ronster316 said:
Lafiel said:
Ronster316 said:

really?

I stand corrected.

Indeed Golvellius.

tut tut tut

Nintendo and Sega were always REAL gaming companys............ Sony are an opportunistic "corporation" thats the difference.

sony BOUGHT their way to the top.

Nintendo and Sega EARNED their money in the gaming business the hard way.......... real graft.

I didn't mind Nintendo outselling Sega one bit because it was two gaming companys going head to head.

Despite Nintendo selling more consoles both the Master system and Megadrive proved to be winners for Sega, and therefore if it was still only Nintendo and Sega around i believe Sega would still be in the console business today and would still have many of the talents still working for them that gave Sega so many great games over the years.

A lot of Sega's top talent has left now, and thats a real damn shame.

kowenicki said:
I want the company to win that concentrated on HD gaming this gen rather than use gaming as a way of trying to win video delivery format wars and shaft their fan base in the process...

Just saying....

Perfect answer.   Could not be better said.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down