By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How important is it to you PS3 beats 360 in console sales war?

The only reason I don't want Sony to lose is because I would hate to see half the user base on this board dissappear because of a mass suicide.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

Around the Network
FastFord58 said:

The only reason I don't want Sony to lose is because I would hate to see half the user base on this board dissappear because of a mass suicide.

only the mentally challenged (seriously, not insulting nor trolling) would commit suicide over a console. 360 fans are just as attached to their consoles as are PS3 fans...

By end of this generation the top 10 games of all time will be all exclusive to the PS3. That is the main reason why PS3 will outsell the XBox 360. PS3 has the best games. Sony delivers games to PS3 owners.
PS3 has free online, Blu-Ray, internet browsing, multimedia capabilitiesn and the best games library of all time.
PS3 will have by end of generation top 10 exclusive games of all time:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
3. Killzone 2
4. God of War 3
5. Uncharted 2
6. Little Big Planet
7.Metal Gear Solid 4
8. White Knight Chronicles
9. Valkyrie Chronicles
10. MAG

I don´t really care.I care more about the Wii getting quality 3rd party games.

PS3beats360 said:
By end of this generation the top 10 games of all time will be all exclusive to the PS3. That is the main reason why PS3 will outsell the XBox 360. PS3 has the best games. Sony delivers games to PS3 owners. What good games are on 360 besides Halo or Gears of War?
PS3 has free online, Blu-Ray, internet browsing, multimedia capabilitiesn and the best games library of all time.
1. Gran Turismo 5
3. Killzone 2
4. God of War 3
5. Uncharted 2
6. Little Big Planet
7.Metal Gear Solid 4
9. Valkyrie Chronicles
10. MAG

By top ten, you're not going by sales are you? because thats just laughable, at best.

Whether you like it or not, Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy (amongst others) belong on that list, and White Knight Chronicles and MAG can be taken off.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
I don´t really care.I care more about the Wii getting quality 3rd party games.

seconded. when is the floodgates supposed to open again? :(

PS3beats360 said:
By end of this generation the top 10 games of all time will be all exclusive to the PS3. That is the main reason why PS3 will outsell the XBox 360. PS3 has the best games. Sony delivers games to PS3 owners.
1. Gran Turismo 5
3. Killzone 2
4. God of War 3
5. Uncharted 2
6. Little Big Planet
7.Metal Gear Solid 4
9. Valkyrie Chronicles
10. MAG

LMAO.

PS3beats360 said:
1. Gran Turismo 5
3. Killzone 2
4. God of War 3
5. Uncharted 2
6. Little Big Planet
7.Metal Gear Solid 4
9. Valkyrie Chronicles
10. MAG

Could you add something like "IMO" or "in my wet dreams" ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

As long as the PS3 roughly keeps pace with the 360 i will be happy, beating it isn't important but keeping pace should keep the games flowing

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Ronster316 said:

@ Darc Requiem

Very good post.

I know Sega caused part of their own downfall, but theres no denying that "Moneybags" sony moneyhatting 3rd party games left, right and centre & paying through the nose to advertise on every damn street corner, bus shelter, nightclub and during every t.v. commercial break didn't help Sega's situation either.

As i said before, Sega never had and never will have the kind of money to throw around that the likes of Sony and Microsoft do.

To say Sega would be out of the console business if sony didn't come along is unrealistic.

About moving on.............. well, this gereration has truly given me hope that one day i WILL finally be able to move on.

Ronster, you are in denial. Sega killed their consumer confidence, not Sony. Sega pissed of retailers in the US and Japan. Not Sony. Sega turned down the N64 architecture for the 9 processor nightmare called Saturn. Sega spent R&D money on two seperate architectures for the Dreamcast. Yes that is right, Sega of America and Sega of Japan had to seperate chipsets in development for what became the Dreamcast. Sega of America comissioned 3Dfx based console design, Sega of Japan commissioned a PowerVR based design. So not only did they spend twice the R&D necessary. They had to go to court when 3Dfx sued them after they choose the PowerVR design. This kind of stupidity that epitomizes the business end of Sega.

Sega was the most versatile developer in the gaming industry. They were the only developer capable of making a AAA title in any genre. Yet they were unable to capatilize on their software quality and be a financial success. Sega should have been able to sustain at bare minimum a niche market in the console business purely based on their own software. Similar to how Nintendo continued to make money after third parties jumped ship to Sony. Unfortunately the business minds at Sega were just as incompetent as their game development minds were brilliant.