By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAMING'S WORST CONSOLE LAUNCHES

@ red4adevil, that was all in the US, the EU launch was great

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Xxain said:
theRepublic said:
CGI-Quality said:
I think people are mixing up what launches were actually bad, i.e. NOT the PS3's, and what launches THEY disliked the most. Yes, the Saturn had the worst launch IMO, but no system in the history of gaming had a launch as anticipated as the Playstation 3. However, considering the mistakes this gen, the Playstation 4's launch may not be as HIGHLY anticipated.

What about the Wii? 

Wii wasnt a anticipated launch, it took the Market by surprise

Don't you remember E3 2006?

@Xxain.  People were rushing to the Nintendo Booth while not giving an eye to the MS and Sony booth. (Serious); 

GT Bonusround shows the clip btw.

Munkeh111 yeah thats true but afirst impression will allways last. I dont think anyother system had an opening that bad.

How is Saturn not on that list

i thought 360 had a bad launch lost 1 billion dollar and had over 33% failure rate that was horrible

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:
i thought 360 had a bad launch lost 1 billion dollar and had over 33% failure rate that was horrible

I think the OP means not recieved well by the cosumer..which is not the case of the 360

What about 360? 33% failure rate. Probably the worst made console ever (not anymore, but at launch)

That alone should get it a spot in the top 5

Luckily, I live in the U.S.. But the N64's launch (Pilotwings and Mario 64) was pretty shabby. The PS2's launch (SSX, Tekken Tag, and.....uhhh) was crappy, too. Sony's only first party launch title was "FantaVision" (launched a couple of weeks later). Sony made the console, and didn't even have a title on day one! WTF!? The SNES launched with 3 titles, but they rocked (PilotWings, F-Zero, and Super Mario World).

Zizzla_Rachet said:
sweetoothj said:

I think the OP means not recieved well by the cosumer..which is not the case of the 360

So why is the PS3 launch in the list? I remember people running over each other, robbing or even killing others to get their hands on the PS3.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
sweetoothj said:

So why is the PS3 launch in the list? I remember people running over each other, robbing or even killing others to get their hands on the PS3.

Flame Bait?