By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAMING'S WORST CONSOLE LAUNCHES

CGI Spreadin knowledge as always

Around the Network

US Sega Saturn launch destroys all... end thread. Realy it was that bad...

disolitude said:

^And this comes from the Sega defense force....It must be really bad.

CGI-Quality said:
Lostplanet22 said:
disolitude said:

It was. It hit when nobody expected it to. Regardless, I would buy a new Sega system in a second, if they returned to hardware.

SEGA would be my first 8th Gen Console purchase and #1 choice console for Multiplates

CGI-Quality said:
Lostplanet22 said:
disolitude said:

It was. It hit when nobody expected it to. Regardless, I would buy a new Sega system in a second, if they returned to hardware.

If they would of Localized all those Fighters that used the 1Mg and 4Mg early and developed themselves early using these economic add ons..the system would fared way better in the US....90% of My Saturn Libary was imports..And I had about 45 Saturn games...And the games using the cartrige in 3d came when US sales were dead

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
I think people are mixing up what launches were actually bad, i.e. NOT the PS3's, and what launches THEY disliked the most. Yes, the Saturn had the worst launch IMO, but no system in the history of gaming had a launch as anticipated as the Playstation 3. However, considering the mistakes this gen, the Playstation 4's launch may not be as HIGHLY anticipated.

What about the Wii? 

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
CGI-Quality said:
I think people are mixing up what launches were actually bad, i.e. NOT the PS3's, and what launches THEY disliked the most. Yes, the Saturn had the worst launch IMO, but no system in the history of gaming had a launch as anticipated as the Playstation 3. However, considering the mistakes this gen, the Playstation 4's launch may not be as HIGHLY anticipated.

What about the Wii? 

Wii wasnt a anticipated launch, it took the Market by surprise

CGI-Quality said:
Lostplanet22 said:
disolitude said:

In canada it was even worse and pricey too. I had a genesis/sega CD and when saturn came out, trade in for those 2 was 150 bucks with 10 games. I said forget it and waited even though I was a hardcore sega fan...I bought saturn in mid 1996 as I didnt have 500 bucks +tax (canadian) to buy it at launch.

Xxain said:
theRepublic said:
CGI-Quality said:

What about the Wii? 

Wii wasnt a anticipated launch, it took the Market by surprise

Don't you remember E3 2006?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I agree and disagree with the PS3 part. The PS3 did have a bad launch not because of the system itself or its availability.

It was because tons of hardcore PS3 fans went storming into stores like wild animals stomping on other people without concern, people robbing other people at gun point. very very very few shot some mugged, and some beaten up. It was hectic. I also heard of a drive by shootout with pellet guns.