By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAMING'S WORST CONSOLE LAUNCHES

I remember that Xbox 360 boat ^^'.

I thought the PS One/PS2 and N64 would be in the list =p.

Around the Network

The PS3 launch wasn't bad at all in my opinion...

EDIT: I thought this was about games...

4 ≈ One

Btw Ms did the somthing like that aswell with the PSP launch.

'There were slogan's everywhere' 'Better save your money for the Xbox 360 launch'.

^ lol microsoft are genius

lol great list

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
The PS3 launch wasn't bad at all in my opinion...

EDIT: I thought this was about games...

If this was about games then the GCN would not be anywhere close on the list.  Super Smash Bros. Melee was one of the best launch titles ever made (along with Luigi's Mansion).

Noobie said:
so everybody agree with this list. :)

No. No console launch mentioned here has been nearly as poor as the Playstation 3. Lesson learned, don't expect people to get an extra job to buy your console.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Why the DSI is #2, or on the list at all is ridiculous

3. Microsoft Xbox 

Date: March 13 2002

If there is any lesson to be learnt from Nintendo, it’s that if you plan on dropping the price of your latest console early, it’s best to do it before launch rather than after. Clearly Microsoft weren’t clear on this concept. 

The system launched in Europe on March 14 2002 at a heaving price of £299. Whilst initial sales weren’t exactly perfect, Microsoft took the plunge and knocked a third of the price off less than six weeks after its launch. 

Now at a slightly more affordable price of £199, early adopters were left frustrated; looks like the early bird got the worm but not the best price. Microsoft realised they’d done wrong to their buyers and so after much a ruckus caused by angry shoppers; they decided to ‘thank’ those who had already paid £299 for their Xbox.

Did Halo: Combat Evolved save the Xbox from a bad start? 

Dubbed the ‘thank you package’, Microsoft offered two Xbox games and an Xbox Controller for free to those poor souls who took the plunge too early. 

The price drop improved sales but by the end of the year, a bundle which packaged four of the consoles best sellers including Halo and Jet Set Radio Future was released for £199. In 2003, the console took another price cut plummeting down to £130.

Maybe Not in EU...But really do i have to bring Halo sales?...

And the DreamCast was bad..Dear ole DC

And Where is the Sega Saturn in the US?

And your DSi claims have a bit of Fail in them

Whaaaaaaaaaa?...No n-gage?