By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GAMING'S WORST CONSOLE LAUNCHES

sweetoothj said:
i thought 360 had a bad launch lost 1 billion dollar and had over 33% failure rate that was horrible

Decide whether you're buying Killzone 2 or Halo 3 yet?

Around the Network

Are ppl forgetting about 3DO? 700$ at launch

d21lewis said:
sweetoothj said:
i thought 360 had a bad launch lost 1 billion dollar and had over 33% failure rate that was horrible

That's not the point and neither are launch titles.

I own a 360 and I am very happy with it. However failing hardware had a huge impact and definitely hurt hardware sales. If that didn't happen the 360 would have an even bigger lead over the PS3. Microsoft could have also better utilized that billion dollars on buying exclusives or developing more games.

Dark_Rulez89 said:
Are ppl forgetting about 3DO? 700$ at launch

This list mentions mainstream consoles to get attention. If they were mentioning the real failures it wouldn't be very interesting.

Graves said:
d21lewis said:
sweetoothj said:

I own a 360 and I am very happy with it. However failing hardware had a huge impact and definitely hurt hardware sales. If that didn't happen the 360 would have an even bigger lead over the PS3. Microsoft could have also better utilized that billion dollars on buying exclusives or developing more games.

This was a jab at sweetoothj's thread where he asked forum members to help him decide whether he should buy Killzone 2 or Halo 3, then he logged off and never came back.  His post history showed that he was VERY anti-Xbox, and this was his first post since then. 

Sorry.  This wasn't the time or place for that.

Around the Network

The PS3 launch in America was a disaster. It was too expensive and had one good game (Resistance).

But, my god how the PS3 bounced back after it.

PS3 should be higher.

I don't know why GameCube is there, much less at #1. No, it didn't have the most fabulous software ever at launch, but the system launched in Japan with three good games (Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball, Wave Race Blue Storm) alongside it, similar to the N64 launch (which isn't listed). It also launched at a 50% lower price than the competition but with more horsepower and a better controller. As they mentioned, in the U.S. that went up to 12 games with an all-time classic (Rogue Squadron II) being one of those.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Graves said:
d21lewis said:
sweetoothj said:

I think d21lewis was just asking sweetoothj a personal question..i think he made a thread about this...Maybe

what about the Virtual Boy??

MY ZELDA COLLECTION