By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo admits Wii is close to its ultimate level

The Ghost of RubangB said:
"Oh no, they had the most successful year of all time! It might be hard to match again! That can only mean that it will stop selling overnight and the whole company will go bankrupt within weeks!"

Man I wish I had some money so I could just dump it all into Nintendo stock while everybody freaks out on the gloom and doom.

I think maybe you should not play the stock market :P

because this is actually the perfect time to buy sony stock, wait till it hits 50 or so, then sell, doubling your investment and buy nintendo when it hits 12 in a year or two.

EDIT: @mike (thanks for your message btw)

stocks get valued based on what they are doing at this very minute. Nintendo seems to be losing steam. Yes they are still making money hand over fist and are more successful than rivals, but stocks are ruled by the derivative slope (i'm pretty sure that's the right word), and Nintendo's derivative is pointing down.

Around the Network
Orca_Azure said:
i doubt adding colors to the wii would help any. People can buy skins for 5 dollars at gamestop and call it a day.

Many people don't like/Shop at Gameshit and like quality like a real paint job.

And the new colour thing is a long time proven method of moving more units.

Ryudo said:
Orca_Azure said:
i doubt adding colors to the wii would help any. People can buy skins for 5 dollars at gamestop and call it a day.

Many people don't like/Shop at Gameshit and like quality like a real paint job.

And the new colour thing is a long time proven method of moving more units.

New colors = new sales. It hardly makes sense but it works and has worked for a long time. Most likely Nintendo shall announce these on E3. At least in Japan. Subsequently followed by some bundeling of sort. It is something you traditional do before a pricecut.

Perhaps Nintendo might be forced to a pricecut next year. It's impressive that they have not needed it. While others consoles have had one or two. Not even the PS2 went so long without a pricecut.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Many times in the past I sold my old system to get a new colored one. It works.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Wii has peaked? Last time I checked the price hasn't dropped yet. I'd imagine It would sell even more even with a $50 price drop. Plus colors folks!

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

The Wii should time its price drop with a big release. After all, no matter how popular it is, it can't buck the odds forever.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

All I can say is if they come out with a nice Dark Blue or a Lush Silver Wii, I will buy a second one... and that is saying something because the only console i've ever owned two of is the DS (have a DS Lite and a DSi) even though most of my older consoles don't work and I would love to have them again I wouldn't consider buying more of them.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

I just want to point out something very funny.

Nintendo says it's peaked,
and fanboys defend their own opinions.

Viper1 said:
So they announce record breaking revenue and profits while at the same time taking a $1.3 billion loss on the exchange rate.

Am I the only one absolutely stunned by that? And for them to state they should approximately repeat that feat next fiscal year and somehow it's doom and gloom?

Did Nomura and TimesOnline just fail economics 101?

Exactly.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

theprof00 said:
I just want to point out something very funny.

Nintendo says it's peaked,
and fanboys defend their own opinions.

From the article: "The company is known for issuing hyper-conservative forecasts, only to exceed them triumphantly later in the year."

For as long as I've been paying attention to this stuff, Nintendo has always surpassed their own expectations.  They usually increase theire forecasts a couple times throughout the fiscal year as things start looking better and better.