By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo admits Wii is close to its ultimate level

vaio said:

The forthcoming Wii Sports Resort does not, on early presentations, look capable of achieving that status and Wii Music has looked weak next to the hugely popular Rock Band and Guitar Hero series on rival consoles.

Ummm Guitar Hero is on Wii also, and sells extremely strong on Wii too....

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
theprof00 said:
I just want to point out something very funny.

Nintendo says it's peaked,
and fanboys defend their own opinions.

From the article: "The company is known for issuing hyper-conservative forecasts, only to exceed them triumphantly later in the year."

For as long as I've been paying attention to this stuff, Nintendo has always surpassed their own expectations.  They usually increase theire forecasts a couple times throughout the fiscal year as things start looking better and better.

I see.

I guess the only people who are accurate in describing nintendo future sales are ones who say it will increase.

I would say that sales are not going to increase but I'd obviously be wrong.

I guess this is just another one of Nintendo's demonstrations of why they are the industry leader. Telling the market to sell off their stocks and increase doom speculation in order to appeal to an entirely new demographic who will now invest thanks to the low stock price, and free advertising to boot!

Kinda points towards my own predictions of a 2010 Worldwide price drop (possibly preceded this year by a Japan-only drop)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Is it just mean or do most people replying in this thread fail to realize that the topic is about stocks? If I am to understand correctly, stocks are based on the perception of the market. If Nintendo is declining then stocks will devalue. Which means it is a great time to sell so you can get the most out of your stock before it declines.

Now if you don't believe that Nintendo is on the decline and 2008 was there peak year then by all means pick up some Nintendo stock. If you are right, then you could end up with some extra cash.

Anyways, where can I buy Nintendo stock? XD

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

"Brokers at Nomura said that what was once the Japanese market’s “sexiest” name had lost its allure." : hearsay. Has nothing to do in a business article, only in a fanboy article.

"that was well below consensus forecasts and the company said that earnings could suffer a 12 per cent decline in the current year — a worse contraction than brokers expected and a sign that even a supposedly recession-proof producer of cheap family entertainment has not escaped the effects of the worldwide consumer spending slump" : Wrong! This was only caused by exchange rate, not by consumer spending slump. Fanboy article? At least, far from a fact article.

"Analysts warned of the Kyoto-based company’s urgent need for a “dazzling” pipeline of new Wii games and more innovative uses for the motion-sensitive Wii Fit balance board" : hearsay. From the same stupid analysts that were always wrong. It's a fact that it's tough to beat record sales, and why does sth as stupid as that appears in a business article?

"But there is growing impatience among investors for Nintendo to come out with the next game that can properly drive hardware sales." : What? Everything is mixed in this article, so this sentence seals the deal : it's a stupid fanboy article. Everything is mixed to put the situation in a worse way than it is: investors used for sth else, worlwide results, gaming analysts, 3rd parties, ... And it's always very blurred so that you don't know what they're talking about really.

"most recent versions of that presentation have left observers underwhelmed: the once seemingly boundless possibilities offered by the Wii’s innovative control system appear to be reaching their limits" : fanboy stupidity.

A perfect doom and gloom article disguised as a business one.

Around the Network

200 000-ish sales a week and its peaked?

Every time Goku got close to his "Ultimate Level", he always found a new level beyond that.....until Cell killed him.

But then, he reached Super Saiyan 3, even though he was dead! But, that wasn't enough to stop Maajin Buu. That's where "Fusion" comes in.....and don't forget the Dragon Balls! Hmmm.....Somehow, I've gotten way off track.

d21lewis said:
Every time Goku got close to his "Ultimate Level", he always found a new level beyond that.....until Cell killed him.

But then, he reached Super Saiyan 3, even though he was dead! But, that wasn't enough to stop Maajin Buu. That's where "Fusion" comes in.....and don't forget the Dragon Balls! Hmmm.....Somehow, I've gotten way off track.

Don't forget Super Saiyan 4 and doing the fusion with Vegeta! He could destroy an entire planet by accidentally extending his pinky finger!

They could beat last years numbers sold by keeping the price even and bundling say a new mario platformer, and making a new colour.

They will be fine these writers are dumb. I found the part about comparing wii musics sales w/ RB and GH especially dumb when GH and Rock Band are on wii and thats where they sell best.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

all these so called analysts should go back to school, i don't think they have learned what they were supposed to learn yet.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.