By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo admits Wii is close to its ultimate level

i doubt adding colors to the wii would help any. People can buy skins for 5 dollars at gamestop and call it a day.

Around the Network

So they announce record breaking revenue and profits while at the same time taking a $1.3 billion loss on the exchange rate.

Am I the only one absolutely stunned by that? And for them to state they should approximately repeat that feat next fiscal year and somehow it's doom and gloom?

Did Nomura and TimesOnline just fail economics 101?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yeesh, anything that doesn't say "The Regginator kicks ass and Nintendo owns teh world" is considered doom and gloom. That's a business article talking about Nintendo's stock price, and how they've suffered on account of the sharp rise of the yen relative to the dollar and euro. And yet it gets the same response from fans as an article saying Sony is making a comeback and will overtake Nintendo soon. This is a fact based article, it's not a fanboy article, and nothing in it is inaccurate. If you were an investor this would be very important information.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

We will see at the E3, if price cuts or new colors would be announced the wii will have new life. Some good games and channels can also boost the sellings. Why are they thinking so? It's not a bad thing having problems in reach a record year! It would be a problem if the peak was low, but this is a record year! Come on, put on the market some great games and stop thinking so bad!!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

The_vagabond7 said:
Yeesh, anything that doesn't say "The Regginator kicks ass and Nintendo owns teh world" is considered doom and gloom. That's a business article talking about Nintendo's stock price, and how they've suffered on account of the sharp rise of the yen relative to the dollar and euro. And yet it gets the same response from fans as an article saying Sony is making a comeback and will overtake Nintendo soon. This is a fact based article, it's not a fanboy article, and nothing in it is inaccurate. If you were an investor this would be very important information.

Any investor with some decent knowledge of the industry would put Nintendo in the buy category asap.  Only morons and those with limited/no knowledge of the industry have them at hold or sell.

Financial analysts have been wrong on basically every single account for this entire generation.  You think somehow they're actually correct this time?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Zelda game can actually boost Wii sales up by a lot not to mention it would sell a lot too. I can already predict sales of about 8-9 million.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WII is the FUTURE GAMING!

"The forthcoming Wii Sports Resort does not, on early presentations, look capable of achieving that status and Wii Music has looked weak next to the hugely popular Rock Band and Guitar Hero series on rival consoles."

What? Does Wii not have Guitar Hero and Rock Band?

No amount of facepalm pics would be enough for all these doomz articles.

Viper1 said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Any investor with some decent knowledge of the industry would put Nintendo in the buy category asap.  Only morons and those with limited/no knowledge of the industry have them at hold or sell.

Financial analysts have been wrong on basically every single account for this entire generation.  You think somehow they're actually correct this time?

This article doesn't even say "don't buy". By all fronts this is a fairly neutral information article. They lost 50% of their stock value, this is true. Nintendo put out a press release saying it's going to be difficult to match the past years success. This is true. This triggered a further sell off of Nintendo stock. This is true (note this article and analysts didn't trigger the market, Nintendo's own forecast triggered the market). Their earnings were less than they forecast, also true. Everybody is looking to E3 to see if Nintendo can show some games that will continue to move hardware, and sell software. This is true.

There isn't anything innacurate in the article. The most speculative thing in the article is when it says Wii Sports resort on early presentation doesn't look like it will be the next big thing,which you could find plenty of people to agree. That hardly constitutes some out of line

At no point in the article does it say "Sell Nintendo stock and stay far far away!". Hell if you're an investor you could take the article as saying "Nintendo stock is much cheaper now, and they could still release some big guns!". It stays nuetral in that regard. The worst it says is that Nintendo was the sexiest name in in the japanese market and it's lost some allure, which given the loss of half it's price I think is a justified statement.

This is just more Nintendo fanboys being thinking Nintendo is immune to any kind of negativity, even if it's based on reality.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Hiroshi Kamide, of KBC Securities in Tokyo ... That's all I need to know.

http://pulse.alacra.com/analyst-comments/Hiroshi_Kamide-A18916

She has been predicting the Wii's demise for a while. She is also a believer in the old paradigm of Japan "leading the way" (foretelling the future) -- which those of us in NA or EU no longer think is quite right.

From that perspective, the Wii's slow recent sales in Japan looks ominous. And it would seem Sony is about to re-emerge as an even stronger dominant player. But that is not the way the other 85% of the world market is going.

(And if the world really is moving the way of Japan -- the Xbox 360 is dead. Just the shunning of Microsoft's consoles in that market make it no longer an exact bellwether for the industry).

That all being said, anyone realizes that Nintendo releases have been slow over the last year (though calling Animal Crossing at 3.00M or Wii Music at 2.55M a failure is not quite correct). So what games are revealed for the 2009 Holiday Season over the next several months will be crucial.

Personally, I think Nintendo is just making market judgments based upon nearly 9% unemployment in the US and 11% in Europe. But I guess for some people saying that you will break your record just slightly in the worst global economic climate since WW II is not enough.

Mike from Morgantown

The way stocks get valued makes one wonder about the wisdom of the market.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV