By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: "Has Nintendo Cooked the Golden Goose?"

Well, if the Wii really has reached a plateau, they can always drop the price to extend the peak for a considerable time.

After all, it's the first one, so you need not worry about "diminishing returns" of subsequent cuts.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

This article comes across as fanboy BS. First of all the author fails to acknowledge the fact that all consoles HW sales are down considerably. Secondly he blames third parties problems solely on the Wii. Does he even realise that perhaps the huge dev costs for the HD consoles may have an effect on third party revenue? So outselling all your competitors combined week in week out makes you in trouble then? Thirdly how can he know the Wii has no good games coming if Nintendo only announce their games 1 month before release? Fourthly, as he sems to have a crystal ball, then he will know what everyone is going to announce at E3 then i suppose? Whoever wrote this article, let's face it your name is instantly forgettable. You, sir, are a prick!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I think we're looking at a new game being played: Wii Doom. It's a game people play every time the Wii shows any weakness at all, where extrapolations are made to show Nintendo's imminent demise and the end of casual gaming. Quick, somebody get some box art for Wii Doom!

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

TruckOSaurus said:
nordlead said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I don't buy into the Nintendo is doomed thing but I'm desperate for a good E3 showing because after Punch Out Wii there's no Nintendo game left on my radar.

Somewhat the same here. Beyond Punch-Out!! I can only think of Wii Sports Resort, and Sin & Punishment 2 for Wii. Other than that they have nothing anounced.

They do have The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and Mario & Luigi RPG 3 coming, but of course those are for DS.

Oh thanks nordlead I had forgotten about those two! Have we gotten any new info on S&P2 since to original announcement?

Nope......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

AHAHAHAHAHAH is all i can do.

ign isnt even a legit journalistic website.

hello how are you.

Around the Network
Paperdiego said:
AHAHAHAHAHAH is all i can do.

ign isnt even a legit journalistic website.

This is IGN AU first of all.

Secondly, they're one of the most popular video game websites in existence and they're in the top 100 most visited websites in the United States. You may disagree with IGN, but as a whole, they're huge.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

HappySqurriel said:

Why do the same people who assume that the PS3 and XBox 360 are just one major game release and one price reduction away from a massive sales increase, believe that the Wii couldn't maintain its sales even with several big game releases and a price cut?

After 30 months on the market, the Wii is (potentially) the longest running console that has never seen a price reduction. If Nintendo reduced the price of the Wii by $50 and/or bundled an additional controller (Wiimote + Nunchuck), created and promoted a greatest hits library (games for $20), released an smaller or colored system, started bundling other/more games, and/or released some big games (new Zelda for example) it is likely that Nintendo would at least maintain their sales level for the next 12 to 24 months ...

No way.  Are you crazy? 

The Wii is in big trouble.  The low sales in Japan are a strong indicator that it will be dead in the water soon.  Old fads like the pet rock, sea monkeys, and the Slinky will soon outsell it.  There will be disco dancing all over.  Watch.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I just hope he don't get paid for writing this as there are a lot of people on this site that could write a better piece than this.[I am definately not one of then]

lol @ the "Is the DSi a distraction?" XD

Feels to me, from the depth and style of the article, they were just told to write a Hit piece on Nintendo. And nothing will change my perception of that.

If you don't believe that is ever done, then you need to step out in the sun for a sec.

I believe the article will eventually be true if nothing else because it's been determined. I don't think Nintendo can significantly defy true establishment in business, they could easily override a couple of short sighted analysts but this is different. It's that plus more.

We're back at DS launch everybody, fasten your seat belts.