By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: "Has Nintendo Cooked the Golden Goose?"

trestres said:
But it's partially true, even though exaggerated. Nintendo is on a downwards sales trend WW and people aren't talking about the Wii like they did before, that's absolutely true.

A lot of huge games will have to be shown at E3, or else we might have seen Wii's peak year go past us (FY 2009).

I agree that Nintendo has been to complacent and has been resting on their laurels for more than 1 year.

this

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
The argument they got way wrong is "software sells hardware". If that were true PS3 would be the leader this gen, then 360 then Wii. And PSP would be beating DS.

Theres more to it like...price.

Actually, according to that logic, it would the 360 that was outselling the PS3, according to metacritic, that is.

Also, you think the PSP has a better core library and future lineup than the DS?

Sure, it's all opinion, but you are simply wrong...imo that is.

That said, my opinion is proven wrong like once in a blue moon bro. It might not command your attention right now, but follow my posts.

The DS has an equal or better past library of core games, imo, and has a MUCH better future lineup of core games, in most people's opinions, worldwide.

Your DS comment was just too much for me to not comment on. You might have misassumptions about the DS's library. From your statements, I can only assume you have never actually looked at that library, and probably don't own a DS.

The PSP has a fine library, but comeon man! The DS has the best library of any current console. It's stellar! Jesus! Go look at it ffs.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

d21lewis said:
badgenome said:

This is off topic, but this is the first time I've ever noticed that other Space Marine in the background of the "Doom" box-art!  I like to imagine that he's yelling, "Hey guys!  Wait for me!!", in a little kids voice.  That makes me smile.

That actually HAS to be what he's saying.  If he sensed any danger at all he'd be shooting down some demons to save his buddy.  But he's holding the gun backwards, running into the chaos, and waving!?  I can't believe I never wondered what the hell that guy was doing before.  I guess I was always distracted by his midriff!

And in the game aren't you the only survivor?  The whole base is wiped out while you're outside, before you even start fighting.  So you don't have a buddy when you're fighting the boss of the game.

I just want to say, most Australians are actually fairly intelligent. We apologise for IGN Au. You have no idea how bad they make this country look

coolestguyever said:
The argument they got way wrong is "software sells hardware". If that were true PS3 would be the leader this gen, then 360 then Wii. And PSP would be beating DS.

Theres more to it like...price.

Actually Nintendo has stated that software sells hardware.  So has Microsoft.  I don't recall Sony saying it, but I bet they have too.  I'm sure they know it anyway.

You might not like the software that sells the Wii and the DS, but it's definitely the software that's doing it.  Metacritic doesn't sway the opinions of the masses like you want it to.  It's an aggregate of the opinions of gaming journalists, and most people (gamers included) don't even know that gaming journalists exist.

Around the Network

What? This article had to be written by an idiot. How this ever got past a competent editor is beyond me.

I wouldn't worry, Nintendo will not disappoint. Things may seem like they are going kind of slow for the Wii right now, but in good time Nintendo will make up for it.

What is IGN talking about? The Wii has had a metric ton of great games come out since march 2008

...>_>

The Ghost of RubangB said:
d21lewis said:
badgenome said:

This is off topic, but this is the first time I've ever noticed that other Space Marine in the background of the "Doom" box-art!  I like to imagine that he's yelling, "Hey guys!  Wait for me!!", in a little kids voice.  That makes me smile.
That actually HAS to be what he's saying.  If he sensed any danger at all he'd be shooting down some demons to save his buddy.  But he's holding the gun backwards, running into the chaos, and waving!?  I can't believe I never wondered what the hell that guy was doing before.  I guess I was always distracted by his midriff!

And in the game aren't you the only survivor?  The whole base is wiped out while you're outside, before you even start fighting.  So you don't have a buddy when you're fighting the boss of the game.

2 options: 
A.  He's following you through the whole game (he's a slow runner). 
B.  He's YOU.  The guy on the cover dies before the game starts.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

If you want to know the truth about all the articles that are appearing recently let me say the real truth under all this:

Nintendo is ignoring the online media like IGN for announcing third partie exclusives and their games, Excitebots wasn´t announced in IGN, Gamespot or 1up, it was announced in Nintendo Power and we can say the same for a lot of games.

They were unable to predict the new Zelda for DS, Red Steel 2 was known because the magazine that had the exclusive talked about it months before it appeared in the issue but they were unable to see the Rabbids game. If at the end EDGE will be the ones who will reveal Pikmin 3 instead of IGN wait for another torrent of crying.