By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: "Has Nintendo Cooked the Golden Goose?"

LoL True Amp..But I'm wondering if Wii has truly peaked yet...

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
The argument they got way wrong is "software sells hardware". If that were true PS3 would be the leader this gen, then 360 then Wii. And PSP would be beating DS.

Theres more to it like...price.

Nah, they got the argument right..you interpreted it wrong.

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:

I'm not sure myself. 

Not everyone can be as brilliant as say... Pachter.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Arius Dion said:

I'm not sure myself. 

Exactly, lol.

The Wii hasn't peaked yet. Until a Zelda drops, the Wii's future sales potential can't be confirmed yet.

@coolestguyever

Stop kidding yourself. lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Don't forget amp, Wii Fit wasn't a big game either!

Apparently!

amp316 said:
Arius Dion said:

I'm not sure myself. 

Holy crap. It's so obvious!

Nintendo is letting the Wii die so they can sell a gajillion Wii HDs this holiday! Why didn't I see this before?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

wfz said:
Don't forget amp, Wii Fit wasn't a big game either!

Apparently!

No. It wasn't a game at all.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

famousringo said:
amp316 said:
Arius Dion said:

I'm not sure myself. 

Holy crap. It's so obvious!

Nintendo is letting the Wii die so they can sell a gajillion Wii HDs this holiday! Why didn't I see this before?

You sir, should be a financial analyst.

Why do the same people who assume that the PS3 and XBox 360 are just one major game release and one price reduction away from a massive sales increase, believe that the Wii couldn't maintain its sales even with several big game releases and a price cut?

After 30 months on the market, the Wii is (potentially) the longest running console that has never seen a price reduction. If Nintendo reduced the price of the Wii by $50 and/or bundled an additional controller (Wiimote + Nunchuck), created and promoted a greatest hits library (games for $20), released an smaller or colored system, started bundling other/more games, and/or released some big games (new Zelda for example) it is likely that Nintendo would at least maintain their sales level for the next 12 to 24 months ...