By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo makes Starcraft cry.

Flygon's pretty good actually. It's just.. his stats are above average and nothing more. Also Ice Beam destroys it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Ice beam destroys any and all dragon types barring Kingdra*, anyway.

And I still don't understand why you'd need a second first gen remake when Fire Red and Leaf Green work perfectly fine on a DS Lite.

EDIT*: Kingdra and Palkia

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

People want remakes not because the originals are bad but because they want these games to be relevant to right now. Also Starcraft doesn't want the 2nd gen Pokemon from the Sevii Islands. Just the first 150.. >_>

Pixel Art can be fun.

Yeah cause Zubat, Golbat, Jynx, Exeggute, Exeggutor, Gloom, Pincir, Raticate, Gyarados, Magneton, etc were all so likeable and cute. I agree with SmokedHostage, nostalgia affects your judgement.

Personally, I love Pinsir and Gyarados. They're probably one of few pokemon of first gen that actually like they can fuck shit up.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
People want remakes not because the originals are bad but because they want these games to be relevant to right now. Also Starcraft doesn't want the 2nd gen Pokemon from the Sevii Islands. Just the first 150.. >_>

I don't see what's forcing him to catch any of the second gen pokemon on Sevii Isles. He could just cover the screen and yell the Pokerap while mashing A if he has to fight one.

And Pinsir was basically made redundant when Heracross showed up. :/

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

SmokedHostage said:
Jolteon's a glass cannon, it hits hard but can't take a hit. Earthquake is a OHKO from anything with decent attack.

Also Gyarados's special stat is too low to use Water or Flying type moves effectively.. in R/B/Y. Also, Thunderbolt is a OHKO from anything with a modest special stat.

Well I had Jolteon for psychic pokemon, my friends back in school would tend to include them in their party. 

As for Earthquake, if someone had a pokemon with Earthquake (most likely a ground pokemon) I doubt Jolteon would be the pokemon I have out there.

I just happened to find plenty of situations where he was excellent to have on my team, even if he was weak defensively.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I hate HERACROSS!!!

Compared to Pinsir, Heracross looks about as threatening as a newborn kitty. Too bad moves like Close Combat, Megahorn, Stone Edge, and Earthquake, coupled with ridiculously high attack makes it OU. :\

Pixel Art can be fun.

the already made a remake of the first ones so no also if they didn't have the new pokemon in people would complain

@Europhia

Jolteon does have access to Pin Missile(one of few moves that can counter psychic types) It's based heavily on luck... Good luck getting 5 hits everytime.

Pixel Art can be fun.