By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo makes Starcraft cry.

I hate the idea of having the original 150 again... Everyone just going to use the same pokemon over and over again. At least with 493, there's variety put it becomes clear that Europhia and starcraft don't want that.

I'll just make a team of Alazakam, Starmie, Snorlax, Zapdos, Chansey and Rhydon and sweep everyone I meet.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

i think they did it pretty badly though. they should have planned it out better. why all of a sudden when they entered a new region did some pokemon evolve? was it something in the air?

SmokedHostage said:
I hate the idea of having the original 150 again... Everyone just going to use the same pokemon over and over again. At least with 493, there's variety put it becomes clear that Europhia and starcraft don't want that.

I'll just make a team of Alazakam, Starmie, Snorlax, Zapdos, Chansey and Rhydon and sweep everyone I meet.

I said I didn't want 493, that is just too much. My girlfriend played her first pokemon game with Diamond and she loved it. She wants a new one but she also says that 493 is way too much. 

If they remake Gold and/or Silver what is wrong with 250? Do you really need 493 pokemon? Did I really need igglybuff, pichu or any other of those devolutions? What purpose do they really serve me other than just increasing the pokemon count?

If they made one after Platinum and have 580 pokemon, will you really enjoy having 574 pokemon to catch that you won't use?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Red/Blue/Yellow only had 14 Pokemon worth having on your team outside of Mewtwo.(Broken btw)

Chansey, Exeggutor, Persian, Rhydon, Slowbro, Starmie, Tauros, Snorlax, Zapdos, Alazakam(still broken), Gengar, Golem, Jynx, Lapras.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum gives you 48 Pokemon worth a damn.

Aerodactyl(made better), Alazakam(not so broken anymore), Azelf, Blissey(Chansey on steroids), Breloom, Bronzong(AWESOME POKEMON BTW), Celebi, Cresselia, Donphan, Dragonite(made better in D/P/Pt), Dugtrio(also made better), Dusknoir, Electrivire(Electabuzz on steroids), Empoleon(a starter that's actually useful), Infernape(another starter made useful), Flygon, Heatran, Gyarados(made better), Jolteon(made better).

I can keep going but you get the point.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Also I'd love a Pokemon with 600 Pokemon. I may not use all of them but I still know they're there if I change my mind.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Red/Blue/Yellow only had 14 Pokemon worth having on your team outside of Mewtwo.(Broken btw)

Chansey, Exeggutor, Persian, Rhydon, Slowbro, Starmie, Tauros, Snorlax, Zapdos, Alazakam(still broken), Gengar, Golem, Jynx, Lapras.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum gives you 48 Pokemon worth a damn.

Aerodactyl(made better), Alazakam(not so broken anymore), Azelf, Blissey(Chansey on steroids), Breloom, Bronzong(AWESOME POKEMON BTW), Celebi, Cresselia, Donphan, Dragonite(made better in D/P/Pt), Dugtrio(also made better), Dusknoir, Electrivire(Electabuzz on steroids), Empoleon(a starter that's actually useful), Infernape(another starter made useful), Flygon, Heatran, Gyarados(made better), Jolteon(made better).

I can keep going but you get the point.

@Bolded 1

48 pokemon, with 445 of them not being "worth a damn".

@Bolded 2

If you keep going it just helps my point that you wind up with too much "not worth a damn" pokemon in the end.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

By the way, for Blue/Red how did you forget Jolteon?

He absolutely kicked the shit out of my opponents Psychic type with his randomly learned bug type moves. It also helped that he was really fast and ended up always attacking first.

I also liked Gyrados.

Currently playing:

Of course Pokemon's not going to have useless. Who's not going to fully evolve their pokemon? There's nothing stopping you from releasing Pokemon from your boxes if you think you have too much.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Jolteon's a glass cannon, it hits hard but can't take a hit. Earthquake is a OHKO from anything with decent attack.

Also Gyarados's special stat is too low to use Water or Flying type moves effectively.. in R/B/Y. Also, Thunderbolt is a OHKO from anything with a modest special stat.

Pixel Art can be fun.

what about flygon? he was one of my favorites in ruby. and he couldn't be hurt by electricity or ground attacks.