By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quantity does not equal quality

PS3beats360 said:

So the Wii and XBox 360 are in well front of PS3 in terms of console sales due to their lower sales price. Ok. But how do the Wii and XBox 360 measure up to the PS3 in terms of quality of games, console and online? I want you to argue for or against the notion: "Quantity does not equal quality".

*Edited.

The Xbox 360 has more games rated over 85 than the PS3. Secondly, didn't the PS2 have a huge library of hits and misses and in the core a bunch of gems?

Around the Network

Quality is subjective.
Quantity is objective.

If you want a completely objective approach to how much something is worth in the eye of the consumer, quantity is the way to go. But since quantity is not subjective, it fails to reach the parameters of quality.

Example:
Wii Fit appeals enough to 18 million people for them to pay $99.
Madworld appeals enough to 200k people for them to pay $50.

I dare say that Wii Fit is of more value to the average consumer than Madworld is. But since I have played neither game I can not attest to any quality comparison.

This is invisible text!

Serious_frusting said:
the ps3 Has the best quality in every way this gen by a mile.

It is only a matter fo time before the ps3 sales explode and show people what the name playstation truly means

I'm sure someone else will compile a list of games that the 360 has and the PS3 has that top 80 percent... it's not really even that close.

Cueil said:
Serious_frusting said:
the ps3 Has the best quality in every way this gen by a mile.

It is only a matter fo time before the ps3 sales explode and show people what the name playstation truly means

I'm sure someone else will compile a list of games that the 360 has and the PS3 has that top 80 percent... it's not really even that close.

Can't, too busy laughing at his name and wondering exactly what the hell it's supposed to mean. :P Perfect timing for "Sometimes a Fantasy - Billy Joel" to start playing... hahaha

Anyways, I don't know exactly how to respond to Serious_Frusting's post. He just mentioned a very subjective and personal point of view and then a view that doesn't make much sense, considering current trends...

PS3beats360 said:

So the Wii and XBox 360 are in well front of PS3 in terms of console sales due to their lower sales price. Ok. But how do the Wii and XBox 360 measure up to the PS3 in terms of quality of games, console and online? I want you to argue for or against the notion: "Quantity does not equal quality".

*Edited.

hmmm, I sense an agenda I have to tell you, I don't think you are going to be very successful alt acount. These forums are already polarized, you aren't going to be changing anybodies mind.

Around the Network

Quantity =/= quality, just take a look what kind of stuff sells on wii.

bardicverse said:
Amazing, last generation this was the argument towards the PS2, with PS2 fans shrugging it off as a trivial argument. Now its the Sony fans that are using it to defend the PS3, so should then XB360 and Wii fans shrug it off as a trivial argument too?

THIS.

The unconvenient truth.
Sony Fanboys doesn't have a lot of experience with "losing". They are slowly learning.

One day they'll discover "Damage Control" doesn't work.

My Gaming Setup

Let's all agree that Wii has no quality titles. Seriously, it's the only system out of the 3 to have a game in only 3 colours!

Actually, it should be only 1 colour. Since black and white shouldn't even be counted.

starcraft said:
Quantity has a tangible effect on Quality, and yet Quality is made up of a vast number attributes.

To someone who likes motion control whether it's well applied or not, the Wii is the highest quality console.

To someone who like media playback the most, the PS3 is the highest quality console.

To someone who likes high-quality games libraries the most, the Xbox 360 is easily the highest quality console.

It is all a question of attribute preference.

This,

Quantity does not always reflect Quality but the majority of people are not stupid and will not spend their money on something they don't atleast think they're going to enjoy, so therefore Quantity can be a good but not quintesimal gauge of Quality

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Galaki said:

Let's all agree that Wii has no quality titles. Seriously, it's the only system out of the 3 to have a game in only 3 colours!

Actually, it should be only 1 colour. Since black and white shouldn't even be counted.

Of course it has quality games. You only need to check bottoms of sales lists to find them :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB