By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit : Trouble in the metro trailer

SleepWaking said:
starcraft said:
Bokal said:
I have a feeling that what I'll say is not really relevant but...

I really don't understand the hype about that game. Graphically wise, it's maybe very beautiful for the wii, but it's far behind nowadays graphics standards, and for a shooter, it's sad.

And from the trailers, the gameplay doesn't look THAT fun, or THAT revolutionary. The immersion feeling is not that good either, compare it to a killzopne 2 trailer where you see and hear bullets flying around and explosions and such.
The conduit doesn't even come close.

I'm still following it, I might borrow my mother's wii to play it, but yet, I'm really not impressed.

PS : is it me or it looks like washington DC metro (same as fallout 3)?

This is pretty much my feeling.  If the story is tremendous I may get it.  But when is a FPS's story ever that great?

It's hype exists solely because the Wii doesn't have the caliber of shooters the other consoles have.

No the hype excist because this might verywell be the first good FPS with wii-controls.

Third to be exact, but first real exclusive and looks very interesting.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

loved it. makes it look less like a generic shooter IMO.

This is the first time that I have ever seen a FPS with a train level. :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Bokal said:

... Just checking, how would you know anything about the immersion feeling when you haven't played the game?

Also, The Conduit takes place in Washington DC, so the metro is probably modeled after the same real-life one as Fallout 3's.

It's not just you. I wonder what it would've looked like if HVS just took the textures from Fallout 3's metro and used them in The Conduit.

Hmm, will they have broken escalators all over the place to complete the illusion? (I ride the DC Metro every day)

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

technically L4D has a level with trains in it =P but I want this game because I want to test out what the Wiimote can really do and it's a chance to finally find out with a control scheme that you can fully customize for it, I've always thought of dual analog as shit no matter how good I am with it and I've always been more on the PC side of things, coming in here talking about immersion from graphics is actually pretty retarded since it's easier to feel like you are in the game with wii controls from my past experience. a trend from PS3 owners nowadays seem to be, "ZOMG LOOK AT THAT AWESOME GFX! 360 CAN'T DO THAT EVA!!!! LOOK AT THE PHYSICS IN Teh BACKGROUND!!!" really, I'm tired of that shit personally since the most important part in any game is the game play, like I'd give a shit about immersion when I'm trying to shoot somebody's fucking head off online. TF2 steam >KZ2 online any day. besides, conduit's single player looks decent enough, it's just bad art style which I'm not too happy about myself but I can get used to it.

Bokal said:
I have a feeling that what I'll say is not really relevant but...

I really don't understand the hype about that game. Graphically wise, it's maybe very beautiful for the wii, but it's far behind nowadays graphics standards, and for a shooter, it's sad.

And from the trailers, the gameplay doesn't look THAT fun, or THAT revolutionary. The immersion feeling is not that good either, compare it to a killzopne 2 trailer where you see and hear bullets flying around and explosions and such.
The conduit doesn't even come close.

I'm still following it, I might borrow my mother's wii to play it, but yet, I'm really not impressed.

Actually, some of what you said can be applied to Killzone 2, pretty much. A game doesn't need to be revolutionary to draw some hype.

As for graphical comparisons with other HD shooters? The Conduit looks worse, obviously, but that's fine. Hell I was hyped for MM9, which has "NES graphics." It's the Wiimote controls that make the difference. Personally, I find it to be more immersive than some extra pixels / anti aliasing / etc (though better art direction helps). There aren't too many games where I found the graphics really helped with the immersion (didn't feel it with say, KZ2, but GeoW was another story).

The Conduit may not be the first good attempt at a Wii FPS, but the others seem to be WW2 shooters, which I've been sick of for a long time now (thanks to playing tons of DoD).

Trailer looks good btw, I get more optimistic of the game the more I see it.