By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit : Trouble in the metro trailer

I have a feeling that what I'll say is not really relevant but...

I really don't understand the hype about that game. Graphically wise, it's maybe very beautiful for the wii, but it's far behind nowadays graphics standards, and for a shooter, it's sad.

And from the trailers, the gameplay doesn't look THAT fun, or THAT revolutionary. The immersion feeling is not that good either, compare it to a killzopne 2 trailer where you see and hear bullets flying around and explosions and such.
The conduit doesn't even come close.

I'm still following it, I might borrow my mother's wii to play it, but yet, I'm really not impressed.

PS : is it me or it looks like washington DC metro (same as fallout 3)?

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network
Bokal said:

I really don't understand the hype about that game. Graphically wise, it's maybe very beautiful for the wii, but it's far behind nowadays graphics standards, and for a shooter, it's sad.

And from the trailers, the gameplay doesn't look THAT fun, or THAT revolutionary. The immersion feeling is not that good either, compare it to a killzopne 2 trailer where you see and hear bullets flying around and explosions and such.

I'm still following it, I might borrow my mother's wii to play it, but yet, I'm really not impressed.

... Just checking, how would you know anything about the immersion feeling when you haven't played the game?

Also, The Conduit takes place in Washington DC, so the metro is probably modeled after the same real-life one as Fallout 3's.

Bokal said:

This is pretty much my feeling.  If the story is tremendous I may get it.  But when is a FPS's story ever that great?

It's hype exists solely because the Wii doesn't have the caliber of shooters the other consoles have.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Bokal said:

... Just checking, how would you know anything about the immersion feeling when you haven't played the game?

Also, The Conduit takes place in Washington DC, so the metro is probably modeled after the same real-life one as Fallout 3's.

Well, just look at a killzone 2 or COD 4 trailer or even the elder half life 2, and you already can tell about the feeling of immersion. No need to play for that. Here it looks pretty empty.

I'm happy! I visited DC only once and it's the second time I recognize its metro in a video game without knowing it was DC. (first time was fallout as you can guess)

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Bokal said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Bokal said:

Well, just look at a killzone 2 or COD 4 trailer or even the elder half life 2, and you already can tell about the feeling of immersion. No need to play for that. Here it looks pretty empty.

I'm happy! I visited DC only once and it's the second time I recognize its metro in a video game without knowing it was DC. (first time was fallout as you can guess)

I think it's hard to tell about immersion until you actually play the game... But alright.

Anyway, good eye, regarding the DC Metro ;)

Around the Network

are people high? this video doesn't look as good as some of the other levels. Not sure if this is just an earlier level or something wierd has gone on there.

starcraft said:
Bokal said:

This is pretty much my feeling.  If the story is tremendous I may get it.  But when is a FPS's story ever that great?

It's hype exists solely because the Wii doesn't have the caliber of shooters the other consoles have.

No the hype excist because this might verywell be the first good FPS with wii-controls.

Nice each they I get more hyped.

anyone saw the boxart at the end of the level it had an M in the part were the rating is supposed to be. Maybe it is M

cacafina said:
anyone saw the boxart at the end of the level it had an M in the part were the rating is supposed to be. Maybe it is M

they havnt put the wii speak icon on it either. the was rated M and then went to Teen...so maybe its just an old box art that hasnt been updated.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"