By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD Modern Warfare2 for Wii?

@ Viper

Dont tease me! Most or all of the features?

That would be a dream come true.

Around the Network
uno said:
@ Viper

Dont tease me! Most or all of the features?

That would be a dream come true.

Why wouldn't it?

This is Treyarch's third CoD effort on Wii and second effort with the CoD 4 game engine on Wii.   That's a lot of experience on Wii and this engine.

Feature wise the maps are smaller than those in World at War meaning Wii should be able to up the player count to HD console Levels.  The SD card has been fully opened (starting with another Activision sutdio no less) so all DLC should either be made available for download or will already be on the disc.

I can't think of anything that shouldn't be there.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I don't know how many times Viper and myself hinted at the features of MW Wii. There are just no excuses of why anything will be missing from MW. As Viper pointed out, the maps aren't just smaller than WaW, they are also a lot less more vibrant in color.

We already know that Vicarious Visions (another Actvision studio) is really doing things to make the Wii seem more like the other consoles by adding a lot of things to GH 5. Adding the always-on connection. Soon as you put the GH 5 disc into the Wii, it'll sign you in online and you'll always be online until you turn off the Wii. That's right, your still online even at the Wii Menu. Vicarious Visions added, as Viper pointed out, true SD card support. Meaning the game doesn't save onto your Wii internal memory at all. Your downloads go straight to the SD card. Also you can play things directly from the SD card. Meaning that true DLC is possible if built into the game. Also instead of using a separate friend code it uses your Wii Console Code friends. It's pretty much a "no-brainer" that Activision is bringing this stuff over to pretty much all of their future online Wii titles.

True DLC wasn't really practical on the Wii before because instead of going straight to the SD card, downloads would go to both the Wii's internal memory and then the SD card. Now with what Activision and VV have done is opened up the possibility of true DLC (map packs, modes, weapons, characters) by allowing downloads to go straight to the SD card and to be played directly from the SD card.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Let's hope for an official announcement to confirm what your saying.

Soon I hope.

Captendo said:
Modern Warfare 2 is definitely gonna be a Wii game, and I'm very happy of that: gimme a good graphics, along with a good gameplay of course, and especially, please, do not take out any modes. If they do that, it's gonna be on pair with the HD versions. What you lose because of the graphics you gain because of the gameplay. And however it goes, I'll be buying Xbox 360/Wii versions of this one.

Infinity Ward confirmed it for PC, XBOX360 and PS3 and NEVER said anything about a wii version. Just because M W 1 is coming to wii doesnt meen MW2 will be, and if it does itll be a few months before MW3 comes out just like they are doing now.

And seirously, do you honestly think a wii version of MW2 would be on par with the HD versions? Only a fanboy would say that.

That fact is, HD versions have way more people that play this type of game. Wii does NOT have as many, as you can see by their current sales.

Around the Network

The thing is IW isn't working on a Wii game so they won't be announcing anything. Activision has basically specifically signed Treyarch to do all Wii CoDs. Treyarch would be the ones porting over the game not IW. So you won't hear an announcement from IW about Call of Duty on the Wii.

I don't think that MW2 will show up on Wii, because if COD7 (Treyarch's next game in the series) does come out next year as scheduled, they will most certainly be putting it on the Wii on day one like they did with W@W, so I can't see a port of MW2 coming anytime soon... would make no sense to release 3 CoD games within a year of each other.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

"As some of you know I have tie-ins with people in the gaming media and here's what some of them told me to report.

None of the game modes and features have yet been announced but it is expected that most, if not all, of the original modes, maps and even the DLC will be available for the Wii iteration.

This is Treyarch's third CoD effort on Wii and second effort with the CoD 4 game engine on Wii. That's a lot of experience on Wii and this engine.

Feature wise the maps are much smaller than those in World at War meaning Wii should be able to up the player count to HD console Levels (12-16). The SD card has been fully opened (starting with another Activision studio) so all DLC should either be made available for download or will already be on the disc.

We already know that Vicarious Visions (that other Actvision studio) is really doing things to make the Wii seem more like the other consoles by adding a lot of things to GH 5. Adding the always-on connection. Soon as you put the GH 5 disc into the Wii, it'll sign you in online and you'll always be online until you turn off the Wii. That's right, your still online even at the Wii Menu. Vicarious Visions added true SD card support. Meaning the game doesn't save onto your Wii internal memory whatsoever. Your downloads will go straight to the SD card. Also you can play things directly from the SD card. Meaning that true DLC is possible. Also instead of using a separate friend code, GH 5 uses your Wii Console Code friends. It's pretty much a "no-brainer" that Activision is bringing this stuff over to pretty much all of their future online Wii titles since Vicarious Visions decided to license their online interface out to other devs. We already know how Activision likes bringing things over from other games.

True DLC wasn't really practical on the Wii before because instead of going straight to the SD card, downloads would go to both the Wii's internal memory and then the SD card. Using up a lot of space. Now Nintendo has changed their tone and actually helped Vicarious Visions with the online interface. With what Activision and VV have done is opened up the possibility of true DLC (map packs, modes, weapons, characters) by allowing downloads to go straight to the SD card and to be played directly from the SD card.

I can also tell you guys that Treyarch has updated the engine for the Wii, so it should play and feel much better. No frame rate drops to jagged textures etc. The thing we don't know is if the game will actually still be running at 30 FPS. Or if the game will have customizable controls like The Conduit, Red Steel 2, MoH: H2."

That from a man on the CoD forums, he's trustworthy. Plus he also supports his cause here.

Oh and Viper, they are using the CoD 4 engine that they jacked up (They took the CoD 4 engine and put it on Roids for CoD 5.) So it's an updated release.

Trivium, I'm ThaPr1meK1ng. I've told people that a million times here. I talk to folks from IGN, that's where my blog is. I also talk to Viper. I also quoted Viper in that response on the CoD forums. I was tired of hearing stupid remarks on the Wii forums like the Wii having a 24 MB cap and all that other craziness. It's quite sickening what people think on the CoD forums.

You guys should really check my sig. I give you a link to my blog.