By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD Modern Warfare2 for Wii?

I agree with trvium - it might see a Wii release later on down the road, just as COD4 is coming to the Wii this year

Around the Network

I'm not sure about the releasing in 2011 part though as Trivium says. That's just way too far down the road. A new Nintendo console would have been known about by then and we know how Nintendo pretty much drops support of a console if a new one is coming out.

I still believe we should see Modern Warfare 2 Wii in mid 2010 because if you look at what Activision could do. They will release MW1 in November 2009, release MW2 in Spring/Summer 2010, and then Treyarch's next CoD in November 2010. That would be 3 CoDs spread out in a pretty wide radius so one game shouldn't be overshadowing another. That's just my thought about it.

Now let's see if MW1 will be taking the same online route as GH5. With no friend codes (but console codes), and not having downloads go onto the Wii's internal memory but the SD Card. And that they are licensing out the new online system to any Wii developer. Treyarch should jump on this and use this for the Modern Warfare (Modern Warfare 2) port. What's also nifty about GH5 is the game will log you in, reference your Wii system number for friend info, and keep you connected to the Nintendo WFC at all times. Everything I said above would make Modern Warfare great. 

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

"I still believe we should see Modern Warfare 2 Wii in mid 2010 because if you look at what Activision could do. They will release MW1 in November 2009, release MW2 in Spring/Summer 2010, and then Treyarch's next CoD in November 2010. That would be 3 CoDs spread out in a pretty wide radius so one game shouldn't be overshadowing another. That's just my thought about it."

Yeah, Activision would want to catch up that way just to ensure they can milk it properly. It just depends on if they have enough people to do it this way.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

isn't this game supposed to come out in like 3 months? where is the annnouncement of a wii version?

There is no announcement. For now Activision said they have no plans for a Wii release they also said that about Modern Warfare 1 but that's coming to the Wii. I'm pretty sure that MW2 is going to come to the Wii maybe a few months after MW1 does. "Why would you release the first one" you may ask. The answer is obvious. It's to obviously get Wii owners familiar with the franchise and the story of the game. Modern Warfare to me is a totally different franchise compared to all the other CoDs since it changed all of the mechanics of the franchise. If you don't release the first MW Wii owners will be saying "Who's Capt. Price" and "He's Dead?"

So I'm expecting MW2 for Wii maybe in early-mid 2010. They definitely won't release MW2 Wii around the same time as Treyarch's next Call of Duty title in 2010.

Around the Network

I doubt MW2 will come out on wii any time soon. no point in giving MW1 competition.

How can Activision give one of their own games competition? As I said, there's a huge gap in between when they could release MW2. About 6-8 months. I doubt they would consider that competition. In fact that is a perfect time to release another game.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will release next year for Wii completing with Call Of Duty 7.

YesWiiCan said:
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will release next year for Wii completing with Call Of Duty 7.

Well... that's kind of what I've been saying. MW2 would be next year and then Treyarch's next CoD.

Don't start calling it CoD7, because it is not. Just like how MW2 is not CoD6, and how WaW is not CoD5. If anything, MW2 should be CoD5 since it is a direct sequel to CoD4. 

There's been about 12 CoD games, so I don't know where people are pulling these numbers from all the time.

Sorry but that just irks me strange.

CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE WII!!!

I need more info NOW ACTIVISION!!!!