By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD Modern Warfare2 for Wii?

Yeah, that was ages before anyone decided to have Treyarch do something. Do you honestly think Activision will have someone port the prequel but never release the sequel? That will put developers behind if that were the case for multiplatform games.

I was never referring to the store listings of the game. I'm just using what I know from people and common sense. It's just how the business works.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Around the Network
dontsee said:
Crazybone126 said:
I'm pretty sure that MW2 is going to come to the Wii maybe a few months after MW1 does. "Why would you release the first one" you may ask. The answer is too obvious. It's to obviously get Wii owners familiar with the franchise and the story of the game. Modern Warfare to me is a totally different franchise compared to all the other CoDs since it changed all of the mechanics of the franchise. If you don't release the first MW Wii owners will be saying "Who's Capt. Price" and "He's Dead?"

So I'm expecting MW2 for Wii maybe in early-mid 2010. They definitely won't release MW2 Wii around the same time as Treyarch's next Call of Duty title in 2010.

i like ur optimism, but i think for the rest of wii's life, wii only owners will be getting slap on the faces. hoping for something good, big franchaises, is like a sin.

the person u have good relation with in IW, did he tell u anything about MW2?

Do you want me to ask specific questions because I'd love to get a suggestion from you or someone else.

scottie said:
bardicverse said:
Football fan - any title that sells over a million units, irrelevant of the userbase size, is considered a hit, unless the budget was 50 mil+ for developing it, which we know COD:WaW Wii was not.

@scottie - From the devs' mouth, the game started production in the past winter, with two separate builds from the ground up, one for Wii one for HD.

Noppers. There is no such game as CoD:MW2. It no longer exists. MW2 however does exist

You shoudl probably read more news sites.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59481

It's Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2.

Sorry but the Call of Duty moniker was dropped. http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/#/en_US/VIDEO/AC130

It's Infinity Ward's site, they obviously know the title of their game.

Crazy, Activision came back not long ago and added the CoD brand back to the title.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Crazybone126 said:
Sorry but the Call of Duty moniker was dropped. http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/#/en_US/VIDEO/AC130

It's Infinity Ward's site, they obviously know the title of their game.

Why not read the article? Geesh. In fact I'll do it for.  Quote "Ending a lengthy period of inane speculation, Infinity Ward has confirmed that its forthcoming sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will indeed retain the popular Call of Duty branding."

From Infinity Wards mouth.

KTHNXBYE

It's coming...

Yeah, "Call Of Duty" is still more recognizable than "Modern Warfare" even though I liked the shortened name myself. That's marketing for ya.

Of course viral marketing would've required the game be so good the word spreads around and every one hears about it and buys it. (like what happened with the first one) But of course that's too hard to orchestrate.

Call of Duty 4 is being done by Treyarch. WaW was a Trial and Error type thing. Where they made mistakes in WaW they will fix them in MW. Now MW 2 will be released for Wii in 2011 most likely (Possibly on Wii HD if that turns out right) because 2010 is a Treyarch year meaning their game will go on the Wii, THEN they may have Treyarch port MW2 to the Wii so on and so forth. Details are yet to be released, but Treyarch knows they cannot get away with just TDM based games modes online and 6 maps. They're probably making the most of it this time, not to mention its more than likely to use the CoD 4 engine that they jacked up (Infinity Ward created it, Treyarch put it on Roids for WaW). Plus they've probably fine tuned the Wii Engine this time. So I would expect this game to be all around better than Waw.

Don't forget the SD card option now. 32 GB support and direct streaming. Full DLC of any size is now possible.

The rEVOLution is not being televised