By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD Modern Warfare2 for Wii?

Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii will likely release in late spring/early summer next year. This allows it to not compete (much) with MW1, and it gives Treyarch time to let it sell out before they release Call of Duty (7TH MAIN INSTALLMENT TITLE HERE) for Wii.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

What the hell did you do thetonestarr, quote everything I've been saying over the past week? Just kidding, but I've said that a lot.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Personally I think that the chances are pretty sure that MW2 is going to come to the Wii in maybe a few months after MW1 does. "Why would you release the first one" you may ask. The answer is too obvious. It's to obviously get Wii owners familiar with the franchise and the story of the game. Modern Warfare, at least to me is a totally different franchise compared to all the other CoDs since it changed all of the mechanics of the franchise. If you don't release the first MW Wii owners will be saying "Who's Capt. Price" and "He's Dead?"

So considering my own thoughts and what theonestar thinks we are expecting MW2 for Wii maybe in early-mid 2010. They definitely won't release MW2 Wii around the same time as Treyarch's next Call of Duty title in 2010.

I don't think anyone said that MW2 is "definitely" not coming to the Wii. "They just said they didn't have plans as of now." And with MW1 coming to the Wii, they will probably release the 2nd one.

What do you guys think?

::sCrazybone126 said:
What the hell did you do thetonestarr, quote everything I've been saying over the past week? Just kidding, but I've said that a lot.

::shifty eyes::

I don't believe it. I think you just read what I said, thought it was brilliant, then timewarped and stole the credit.

=p

SW-5120-1900-6153

God I wish I can time warp.
im_sneaky, now that's plagiarism at its finest.
Back on topic, Viper and myself do believe that would be the best marketing choice for Activision.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Around the Network

YYou can bet that MW2 will come out, but it will come out at a time that it will NOT conflict with sales of the next Treyarch CoD. That's about what you can pull out of it. You don't put out 1 and not 2. Makes no sense, I'd type more but I have a broken wrist thanks to soccer.

I say it would be best to have Treyarch and IW team up to port MW2 to the Wii in a midyear month.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

^Agreed. If the Wii gets a delayed port of the first MW. It's likely they get the delayed port of the second one too.

People like me will be satisfied. (i.e. those people who hold out until the game comes out on their console, just like the PS2 ppl with RE4 last gen)

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

next year is Treyarch year, and I doubt they'll release 2 COD games...what I do see happening is Treyarch release COD:WaW 2, and then the following year releasing COD:MW2 when Infinity Ward releases COD:MW3, assuming of course that COD:MW does well enough.

It's a possibility that Activision wants the wii port to run off the same marketing campaign from COD:MW, it'll be cheaper, rather than make 2 marketing campaigns one for WaW and the other for MW, plus it'll confuse customers.

Take this as you will but this is what I foresee happening.

I'm more inclined to expect Destroyer_of_knights scenario. If they release it half year after mw1 is a bad choice cause wii games tend to have long legs (same old story). I think half a year is too soon to release a sequel and on the wii is even sooner than it should be. Look at the sequels wii as been getting a year after the first one like pes or boomblox.