By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii market share the road to 60% or are we there yet?

I have hopes that it will.As soon as the Wii starts getting more 3rd party support we will see it reflected in the sales. I´m seeing 2010 as the turning point.

Around the Network

@Gearbox

you make a strong point if ps360 sell 120mil between the them then it will be tough though I think that they will slow and end 90-100mil at most my best est. only even 100.mil will make 60% hard. but not impossible if gen goes long enough.

Yeah...

Somethings are meant to be broken.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
arsenicazure said:
I dont think a wii pricecut would honestly matter at this point.. ppl dont buy wii coz their cheap or dont buy them coz theyr expensive.. they buy them cause its "IN" and it has motion controls...

360 is pushing sales and honestly the sweetest deal would be a pro at 199 that would rattle the market completely..

PS3 still has some big ones in its kitty.. pricecuts, GT5, FF in japan

so would the wii go to 60%??.. unlikely.. mario is out, smash bros is out, zelda is out, metroid is out,mario kart is out.. most of the major Nintendo titles have seen the light of day.. would we see second round of sequels on the wii.. likely.. and that would push sales.. but overall i think the wii is going to sell around the same level it currently has or a lil lower..

the max i would give wii is 55%.. but with ps3 growing and 360 showing no signs of slowing down.. the market share is more likely to stabilize, rather than grow.

No, sorry, but even if its the "in thing", price still has an effect on whether people buy, a lot of people are going to wait until its cheaper, before they buy it

I would agree with you, but unfortunately the wii at $250 outsells the 360 arcade($199), quite handsomely. So its not a question of price with the 360 vs the wii

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

mjdans said:
there are a number of tech advances in the wii but thats hardly the point If the advances cause companys to loss billions of dollars that is not good for gaming when sony promised bc then couldn't aford to keep it thats not good for gaming this thread is about sales % not who greedy even though i brouht it up it was not to creat off topic coversion.

The advances of the Wii over the Cube are minuscule... basically higher clock rates and better/faster/more memory... even the controller isn't technically advance... the idea that they started at a healthy profit per unit shows that.  I think that the 250 price point will stay for some time... you don't drop the price because you're a nice fellow you drop it because your sales slow down.  Nintendo is in the business of making money and by definition they are greedy.  If they were not then they wouldn't be successful.

Around the Network

@Cuell

In no way do I think nintendo is greedy quoted post was a answer to another post my first comment was that making a profit does not make them greedy but as I said this topic is not about that.

@kowenicki

thank-you for the mumbers well layed out there is a slight tend down in wii market share though still I feel as the 360 peeks wii market share will go up secondly the hd consoles may be linked in that as the 360 goes down or up for that matter the Ps3 will go up or down your numbers seem to show this.

i highly doubt it will bet 60% unless nintendo can find a way to make it appeal to even more people. I believe the wii will level off a bit and stay between 45% and 55% from here on out

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

End of this Gen it will be at 68%

Never, its strugling to reach 50%

@1337 Gamer

when you look at numbers page 6 it does look like late 40's to early 50's

@YesWiiCan

hope springs eternal.