By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii market share the road to 60% or are we there yet?

60% is a stretch. But I think 50% will happen sooner or later.

Around the Network

yes 50% most likely by end of year mind you thought that was possible end of last year.

I doubt it will reach 50%

Especially if PS3 has a pricecut.

yes a Ps3 price cut will make a big difference but who's sales will it effect the most it may just take sales from the 360.

If Motion+ will be successful, 60% is very likely.

If not, 50%.

Around the Network

Wii will get there if the Wii 2 is 2 Wiis tapped together ;)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@Alterego-x

Wii motion+ will play a part in what ever the final market share is.

@Ail lol good one each sale wuold count twice.

Actually it'll get easier for the Wii to breach 60% over time, just on the basis of lifespan, much like the PS2 is continuing to sell, even after the GCN and Xbox are already gone

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Actually it'll get easier for the Wii to breach 60% over time, just on the basis of lifespan, much like the PS2 is continuing to sell, even after the GCN and Xbox are already gone

I don't think any single prediction in your sig ever happened or has a chance of happening so pardon me if I don't take this at face value...

90 millions extra Wii sold before end of 2010 ? No way.

35 millions Wii sold in 2009 ? No way...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

greenmedic88 said:
That's actually what all three companies would prefer to see rather than the typical 5 year plan (less when performing below expectations) everyone has come to expect.

It's extremely expensive to launch a new platform after all.

We'll likely see incremental hardware changes across all three consoles including a repackaged ver. 1.5 before the 8th generation actually arrives.

This I agree with, I have no doubt we will se a slimline 360 and PS3 like we did the PS2 and i'm sure eventually Nintendo will implment colors for the Wii and maybe something more not sure.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.