By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii market share the road to 60% or are we there yet?

Never.
Even reaching 50% might be impossible.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

If you look at Nintendo (DS+Wii), it has 60% market share already.

I do know the higher the sales the harder it gets the other thing that is importent is that nintendo won't chase make share over profits that doesn't make them greedy just very good at what they do that why they always make money and can compete against bigger companys.

mjdans said:
I do know the higher the sales the harder it gets the other thing that is importent is that nintendo won't chase make share over profits that doesn't make them greedy just very good at what they do that why they always make money and can compete against bigger companys.

When someone tries to sell me rebranded GameCube with new controler for 2/3 of PS3 price then "greedy" is the nicest word that comes to mind

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

there are a number of tech advances in the wii but thats hardly the point If the advances cause companys to loss billions of dollars that is not good for gaming when sony promised bc then couldn't aford to keep it thats not good for gaming this thread is about sales % not who greedy even though i brouht it up it was not to creat off topic coversion.

Around the Network

I do not think that 60% is ever attainable for the Wii. Personally I do not think that 50% is attainable at the rate things are going. And it definitely will have trouble when/if the PS3 and 360 start selling more because of great games or price cuts.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

there are some good reason why it won't make it to 60% but there also some reasons why it might.
one of them will be if the 360 hits it's peek and slows down quickly the other is if the world conditions make it impossible for sony to drop the price, very much over the next two years. while all is just best guess there seems to be a lot of possibles running around makes things interesting.

The other one was funnier.

Wii will make 60% once Wii+ or Wii various colours are released.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

@.jayderyu
which one?

i doubt it especially after both 360/ps3 sales are likely going up.