By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii market share the road to 60% or are we there yet?

@Kali

the Wii has had 50% market share for over two years what it doesn't have is 50% intall base which is 48.7% last time I looked.

Around the Network

I hope Nintendo announces some good games at the E3 as well as new colours. Anyway, with Wii motion plus, Wii SPorts 2 etc the second half of the year should be much better for Big N again. In addition, a price cut for the holiday season at the end of the year finally seems to be realistic.

If anything it will decrease as 360 PS3 come down in price.

@Dampfi

nintendo will release some games in second half of year that will help it also looks like 3rd party support for motion plus will be good

@twingo

yes this gen is a little strange though wii has been holding it's own with very few big games Ps3's price cut could be a very small one or a long way off.

it will NEVER reach 60%... recently sales of the PS3 and 360 combined have been much higher than the Wii

Enjoy

Around the Network

bodhi14

this is more to do with game or demo releases than anything the 360 has leveled off from price cut as I said thePS3 will only get small price cut if anything at all for 12months or more and the Wii will be getting a lot of very good games having said all this it will still be hard to get and will take at lest 2-3 years

With wii at 48.6% does this rule out 60% well no as this drop is due to a adjustment and sale go up and down a little.

Well with numbers in for all three 60% looks harder if Ps3 makes 13million 360 10million Wii 26million this will add 12months of numbers well below 60% .