By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS3 Will Dominate (In 3~5 Years)

Dream on, Sony... dream on.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:
radha said:
is this guy stupid? even is a console is still been sold by sony there will be no one publishing games on it because the new gen had started by then, and people will be buying wii2 and 720

Take a look at PS2. Then GTFO.

And look at the Gamecube.  Saying you have a 10 year plan on matters if your console is the top dog when the next generation starts.  This is NOT true fort the PS3.

The 10 year plan thing was started with PS1, wasnt it? And then PS2... both SONY consoles.

Maybe its a SONY thing, this 10 year plan... and not just for the market leader.

Carl2291 said:
richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:
radha said:
is this guy stupid? even is a console is still been sold by sony there will be no one publishing games on it because the new gen had started by then, and people will be buying wii2 and 720

And look at the Gamecube.  Saying you have a 10 year plan on matters if your console is the top dog when the next generation starts.  This is NOT true fort the PS3.

The 10 year plan thing was started with PS1, wasnt it? And then PS2... both SONY consoles.

Maybe its a SONY thing, this 10 year plan... and not just for the market leader.

NES was discontinued in 2003.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Carl2291 said:
richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:
radha said:

But the PS1/2 were both market leaders anyway.... I highly doubt any developers are going to be wasting money on ports of the lowest selling last generation system when they can be focusing on new systems or even the 360/Wii instead.  I think Sony kinda shot themselves in the foot with the PS3's 10 year plan and the only major support that will linger on after 5 years will be first party Sony studios.

hatmoza 2.0 said:
chriscox1121 said:
Sony lost the Chess match before it ever began. The infamous 600 dollar price tag ruined them from the get go.

Fixed

Maybe it is a match of beating chests.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
@Rpruett
So basically there is no "generations," because you gave like 4 different reasons why/how they advance and still then basically made the claim that they don't really exist.

I guess what Sony is saying then means nothing, as they shall win nothing and dominate in something that doesn't exist.

Nope. I clearly stated what I believe a new generation is defined as : 

I would say the last generation is over when all of the players for the following generation (Lets just say : Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft)  have ALL released new consoles.

I would Like the Xbox to have 3 more years before MS unveils there NextBox..But who knows......as for Sony.....I think what that guy meant by Dominant was that the PS3 will host alot of Development in a shorter time...Meaning More games Faster...and being the platform of choice...It's a stretch but i guess Sony thinks it's gonna happen...... this E3 will map out whose gonna be who in the next 2-3 years

Lame Sony....simply lame I'm sorry but their PR and everything is just awful.

In 3-5 years the new gen is starting / has started, so they are not dominating anything. I remember these kinds of comments from Hirai as well, it's pointless if the PS3 has more units in, say, 2013, if an "xbox 720" and "wii2" have been released in 2011 or 2012. It's like saying you're better than someone who graduated from college in 4 years, even though it took you 6 to get the same degree.

Pointless hype BS from Sonyland as usual.

Fab_GS said:

Dream on, Sony... dream on.