By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2 Vs Uncharted Graphics 2.0 (Credit to IIorT)

^They aren't bullshots. They are 720p image captures from in game.

Around the Network

Uncharted does not look like that...well it does...but i have never noticed and jaggies in it.. (New word!)

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

uncharted looks better imo but why are comparing games that are released so far apart from each other

This is an ingame image straight from Gears2, as we can all see gears2 fails.

I'm sorry the only serious difference I can see between them is art style. I don't see any significant poly count difference.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
^They aren't bullshots. They are 720p image captures from in game.

They are pictures captured from in game engines with modified focus, antialiasing, resolution and angles... which means they are bullshots.

The shadows in those pics are silky smooth, there are hardly any jaggies in any of those pics and both games are missing inventory icons, aswell as any trace of motion blur... Anyone that knows the definition of "bullshot" and have played either games can tell all those pictures are doctored easily.

Why are we comparing a December 2007 game to a November 2008 game?

Uncharted has better colours, but Gears 2 definitely looks better (as it should)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Griffin said:

This is an ingame image straight from Gears2, as we can all see gears2 fails.

What the heck.  Someone not have an HDTV yet?  Sheesh... I hope you were kidding about this post.  If you were serious... I don't know how you could think this is a comparable screenshot.

Someone say to Ssliasil what he want to ear and let him sleep in peace... YES Ssliasil, UNCHARTED LOOKS BETTER than gears of war and every 360 game for all the eternity.

I think to, than ingnoring him its the easy way of silence him.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

I still give Gears 2 the edge!! Uncharted really dosnt look that great. Its good but its not Gears 2 or KZ2 great. Sorry but thats how it looks to me.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!