By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2 Vs Uncharted Graphics 2.0 (Credit to IIorT)

d21lewis said:
I own Uncharted and Gears 2. Yes. Uncharted has awesome character models and water effects, and such. Does that make it better than Gears 2 as far as technology and appearance? Not in my opinion. Uncharted was the second PS3 retail game I bought. It looked very nice, but I was never "blown away". With Gears 1 & 2, I was constantly impressed. Dozens of enemies were on the battlefield. Several different enemy types would appear. Some were as big as houses! There would be urban levels one second, and the next second, you were inside of a giant worm. Then, you'd be driving through an ice covered lake or flying through the air on a giant insect. Does any of this make Gears 2 technically superior to Uncharted? No. But I will say that throughout Gears 2, I was constantly saying "Wow!". Throughout Uncharted, I was constantly fighting the same few pirates (or monsters, near the end). The same environments/enemies repeatedly <<<< variety, in my opinion.

(I'm on my PS3 right now).

That was my biggest issue with Uncharted.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

When two games both look stunning, arguing which game marginally looks better is retarded and desperate

Just wanted to throw that out there :)

nojustno said:
When two games both look stunning, arguing which game marginally looks better is retarded and desperate

Just wanted to throw that out there :)

The part I think is the worst is once you get to the "Well, if you stop, zoom in and look at the ground, my game ends up looking better than yours."

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Uncharted still wins, just like it has been doing since the day it came out. It is the best "looking" game this gen. It is not the most impressive, that title goes to Killzone 2 thanks to the massive amounts of post. Gears of War 1 and 2 are both very nice looking 360 games and that is it. To try and compair a 360 game to a PS3 game is just dumb anyway. PS3 has multiple advantages that the 360 can never touch. Uncharted used over 700MB of RAM, because Naughty Dog uses the HDD as virtual Ram were it is possible. 360 can never touch Uncharted as a graphical piece because developers can not expect an HDD.

So here are the facts;

-Uncharted is a better looking game than Gears 1 or 2

-Gears 1 and 2 have both blown Uncharted away in sales.

-I preffer Uncharted to Gears 1 and 2, but that does not mean those games are bad, because I preffer Uncharted to MGS4, and Killzone 2 also.

-At the end of the day both games made enough money to be profiatble, and have justified sequals.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:

So here are the facts;

-I preffer Uncharted to Gears 1 and 2, but that does not mean those games are bad, because I preffer Uncharted to MGS4, and Killzone 2 also.

-At the end of the day both games made enough money to be profiatble, and have justified sequals.

fixed

"Better" is a subjective and opinionated term.  I already explained this...

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
my point is...Uncharted is better graphically no matter how you look at it.

This is exactly the babble I pointed at in the other thread.PS3 fanboys think exclusives are gods. Well The single best moment in graphics over EVERYTHING belongs to Gears 2. First time you enter the underground cave. Unbelievable. Even in this thread the OP has all screenshots from Gears 2 multiplayer, which are from Gamespot.

Gears 2 >>>>>> MGS 4>>>>>>>>>>Unharted. The only game better than Gears 2 is KZ2.

I will add Uncharted is single player. Almost all Gears 2 screens I see are feom multiplayer. Use Single player screnshots ( which have ALL the effects and much higher texture resolution and Uncharted loses out.

nightsurge said:
KBG29 said:

So here are the facts;

fixed

So ur saying quantity over quality?

In that case thank u for admitting that uncharted is better

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
nightsurge said:
KBG29 said:

So here are the facts;

fixed

No, he's not.  It's the concept that you cannot say "Here are the facts," and then use the term "better."  Facts = Objective.  Subjective != Objective.  Unless this is an attempt to ignore logic, of course.

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

nen-suer said:
nightsurge said:
KBG29 said:

So here are the facts;

fixed

WTF?  Where in the world did you get that....

All I was saying is that Uncharted being "better" is not a fact.  Going by different criteria, they beat each other in different respects, but Gears 1&2 beat it in more areas, so while I was trying to avoid giving my opinion, technically Gears 1&2 are "better" than Uncharted graphics.

selnor said:
Ssliasil said:
my point is...Uncharted is better graphically no matter how you look at it.

This is exactly the babble I pointed at in the other thread.PS3 fanboys think exclusives are gods. Well The single best moment in graphics over EVERYTHING belongs to Gears 2. First time you enter the underground cave. Unbelievable. Even in this thread the OP has all screenshots from Gears 2 multiplayer, which are from Gamespot.

Gears 2 >>>>>> MGS 4>>>>>>>>>>Unharted. The only game better than Gears 2 is KZ2.

I will add Uncharted is single player. Almost all Gears 2 screens I see are feom multiplayer. Use Single player screnshots ( which have ALL the effects and much higher texture resolution and Uncharted loses out.

Unharted...LOL

Gears 2 >MGS4.....LOL x 2

its more like:

K2>>MGS4>Uncharted>>GeOW 2>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)