By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Same point in time: PS3 3.5 million sales ahead of X360

@ bhr-3

why would they explode? Listen I agree a 100 dollar price cut would move ALOT of systems for a couple months but after that the 360 would start outselling it again. I think a 300 dollar ps3 would potentially close the gap down to 5 million consoles or so but not much more. Sony fans need to remember that $300 is far from mass market price point. $199 is.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@bhr3

real soon? like when?

ha ha i just try to make things sound good for sony i think it will be b4 2011 ends wen will see ps3>360 WW

Play Me

BenVTrigger said:
@ bhr-3

why would they explode? Listen I agree a 100 dollar price cut would move ALOT of systems for a couple months but after that the 360 would start outselling it again. I think a 300 dollar ps3 would potentially close the gap down to 5 million consoles or so but not much more. Sony fans need to remember that $300 is far from mass market price point. $199 is.

theyll EPLODE b/c everybody is waiting for the next ps3 price cut to happen its like the resurrection of jesus b/c many though it would happen last holiday season and then they thought it would happen wen KZ2 came out but it hasnt

i belive it hasnt b/c sony wants to do a 100$ cut so there going to wait till the last minute nov 09 so they wont loose much money by then b/c they will be able to make ps3 at a cheaper cost also so they can rack up $ i belive in all this time nov08-nov09 they must be making profit on the ps3 current price or at least breaking even so by the time nov 09 comes they can afford a 100$ price cut

once the ps3 gets down to 300$ ww i dont think the 360 will be able to outsell it again maybe just a few weeks here and there

yes 300$ is far from 200$ but its way closer to it that wat 400$ is to 200$

Play Me

@ BHR-3

the only problem with that is the longer that sony puts off the price cut the more people will convert to the cheaper 360 to play HD gaming even if they would rather have a ps3. Hell look what happened in Others after the 360 price cut. Systems really started to move there. Why? Because even people who want a ps3 realize they can get just about the same thing for 199 dollars.

Carl2291 said:
WiiStation360 said:
darklich13 said:
kitler53 said:
darklich13 said:
WiiStation360 said:
nightsurge said:
darklich13 said:

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 11th Nov 2006 to 18th Apr 2009:

Console PS3 X360
Total

Lol exactly.  If we start the race from "when all of them have entered" then the 360 is still 3 million ahead.  That first year just adds on the other 5 million lead :D

People forget that the PS3 is only the 4th best selling console over that time period.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 11th Nov 2006 to 18th Apr 2009:

Console Wii PS3 X360 PS2
Total

Hmmm, the numbers don't lie

the numbers don't lie but the post can misrepresent.  Every console does better sales in its second year than in its first.  comparing ps3 1st year sales to 360 second years sales...go ahead and pat yourself on the back and give yourself a high-five.  you did a great job at cherry picking data.  horray!!!

How is this misrepresented?  The time peried is the Launch of PS3 until now.  Thats almos 2.5 years. In that time period it is behind the sales of 4 other systems.  

To be fair, the 360 is still trailing the PS2 from its launch too.  And by a larger margin as well.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 26th Nov 2005 to 18th Apr 2009:

Console X360 PS2
Total

Seeing that all the 360 fanboys suddenly dissapeared, ill reply and say this...

"Hmmm, the numbers don't lie"

I don't recall 360 fans or fanboys posting a thread claiming that the 360 is selling at a faster pace than the PS2. It's 2009, I really wish the PS3 fanboys would accept the situation and move on already. This has gotten beyond pathetic. Most of the consoles I've owned didn't finish in first place and that didn't stop me from enjoying those platforms.

PS3 fanboys need to grow up already. Stop acting like rotten brats and enjoy your consoles. Discuss upcoming PS3 software or features. Discuss your favorite games. Just stop posting nonsense like this already. It was funny 2006, mildly amusing in 2007, annoying in 2008, and it is just plain pathetic in 2009.

Around the Network

one thing that im uncertain about is if this PS3beats360 is a real account and not an alt like that other one we had of PLAYSTATION 3 something seems off i would like to see more from him in the future

PLAYSTATION 3

he wasnt a real ps fanboy like myself he was a 360 one in cover he has similar fetures as PS3beats360

Play Me

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 24th Mar 2007 to 18th Apr 2009:

Console PS3 X360
Total 19,721,426 20,811,530

Europe Launch

Repent or be destroyed

@ Darc Requiem.

I posted it because of the amount of 360 fanboys in the thread, gloating about PS360 numbers. Not because any of them said 360 was outselling PS2.
And as you replied to me, ill take it as you called me a "PS3 fanboy" which would be highly daft on your part... when i obviously game a whole lot on my 360.

Carl2291 said:
@ Darc Requiem.

I posted it because of the amount of 360 fanboys in the thread, gloating about PS360 numbers. Not because any of them said 360 was outselling PS2.
And as you replied to me, ill take it as you called me a "PS3 fanboy" which would be highly daft on your part... when i obviously game a whole lot on my 360.

I don't really see a whole lot of 360 fanboys gloating.  I just see some people trying to be realistic.  The fact of the matter is 360 is still outselling the ps3 there's nothing fanboy about that statement at all.  Just look at the numbers.

wow, I don't get this thread. The op is obviously a troll account and we have regular members arguing with his nonesense.
Even if the ps3 was ahead of the ps3 if we aligned them through th years, it's still behind by 8 million consoles. So, I don't really care.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)