By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft bought a PS3...

Since you live in Australia, I think I might be of better help than usual.

Valkyria Chronicles: I've waxed enough lyrical about this game to kill a poet, get it on Ebay, brand new for around $60 AU including Postage, I believe the easiest is a UK supplier, its still a PAL release (so you can get the DLC) and the price is so much cheaper than retail (Still around $95).

Disgaea 3: This is a situational game, I'd recomment this is you are a SRPG fan or Anime fan only, graphic is subpar but the humour in this game is fantastic.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Budget title now so you can get this for $50, its a bargain, go grab it from your local JB

Uncharted Drake Fortune: Hunt around, you should get this game for under $39 (brand new) if you look. JB had this game for $39 during last x-mas and I'm pretty sure its still very cheap atm, second hand can go as aow as $20 if you're lucky.

Resistance 1: Graphic is so-so but the story is more interesting than boredzone, I'd recommend this as a purchase simply because if you hunt around this game can get as cheap as $15 second hand (I trust blue-ray second hand a lot more due to scratch resistance(hah!) disk)

Resistance 2: I feel that Killzone has a superior multiplayer, the local co-op was a real let down after playing Gears 2 (aspect ratio is kept the same so you get this horrible black bar at the side of the screen, makes me feel like I'm plauing an SD game!) but its online co-op is much more fun. I'd recommend this as a rental for now, as the only thing I did was play through the campaign. Its not worth the $100 RRP you see around. Its also harder to co-op forum friend due to us being stuck in a sucky timezone :(

Heavenly Sword: either rent this or hunt around for a cheap second hand turnover, this game is not worth a full price release being only about 8 hours long but as a rental it's well worth it. I got mine for $30 which I think was worth keeping (I'm a collection freak).

Ratchet and Clank Future + Quest for Booty.
JB has Quest for Booty as a retail Blue-Ray release for around $30 new, a second hand copy of R&C is also around $30 ($20 if you're diligent in your hunt). Both are pretty cheap and great to add to your collection.

Hope you enjoy your PS3, a second system is always exciting!, I think Gears 2 was my suprise of last year, I got it along with my 360 and had an absolute blast with local co-op.

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
Since you live in Australia, I think I might be of better help than usual.

RPG:
Valkyria Chronicles: I've waxed enough lyrical about this game to kill a poet, get it on Ebay, brand new for around $60 AU including Postage, I believe the easiest is a UK supplier, its still a PAL release (so you can get the DLC) and the price is so much cheaper than retail (Still around $95).

Disgaea 3: This is a situational game, I'd recomment this is you are a SRPG fan or Anime fan only, graphic is subpar but the humour in this game is fantastic.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Budget title now so you can get this for $50, its a bargain, go grab it from your local JB

Uncharted Drake Fortune: Hunt around, you should get this game for under $39 (brand new) if you look. JB had this game for $39 during last x-mas and I'm pretty sure its still very cheap atm, second hand can go as aow as $20 if you're lucky.

Resistance 1: Graphic is so-so but the story is more interesting than boredzone, I'd recommend this as a purchase simply because if you hunt around this game can get as cheap as $15 second hand (I trust blue-ray second hand a lot more due to scratch resistance(hah!) disk)

Resistance 2: I feel that Killzone has a superior multiplayer, the local co-op was a real let down after playing Gears 2 (aspect ratio is kept the same so you get this horrible black bar at the side of the screen, makes me feel like I'm plauing an SD game!) but its online co-op is much more fun. I'd recommend this as a rental for now, as the only thing I did was play through the campaign. Its not worth the $100 RRP you see around. Its also harder to co-op forum friend due to us being stuck in a sucky timezone :(

Heavenly Sword: either rent this or hunt around for a cheap second hand turnover, this game is not worth a full price release being only about 8 hours long but as a rental it's well worth it. I got mine for $30 which I think was worth keeping (I'm a collection freak).

Ratchet and Clank Future + Quest for Booty.
JB has Quest for Booty as a retail Blue-Ray release for around $30 new, a second hand copy of R&C is also around $30 ($20 if you're diligent in your hunt). Both are pretty cheap and great to add to your collection.

Hope you enjoy your PS3, a second system is always exciting!, I think Gears 2 was my suprise of last year, I got it along with my 360 and had an absolute blast with local co-op.

Thanks heaps for that mate.

I'll look into Valkyria, and Quest for Booty too I reckon.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

talkingparrot said:

THE FUTURE

Tier 0:

1. God of War 3

2. Uncharted 2

3. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

4. Heavy Rain

5. Infamous

6. Secret PS3 game :lol:

Tier 1:

1. Quantum Theory- From Tecmo, this is a Gears of War, meets Devil May Cry title. Its shaping up to look mighty sexy.

Future Ports:

Tales of Vesperia - More cutscenes, a tie into the anime, more story points, twice as long script writing. If this doesn't scream superior port, I don't know what does.

ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma: They are fixing all the broken issues with the first game, adding co-op, and improving the graphics. If you liked it on 360, this is the definitive version.

The gaf in you is showing. :lol:

Finally went through with it eh? Quite the expensive bet, congratulations on your purchase and I hope you enjoy it.

wait till you get to the mech part in kz2 its awesome

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Finally went through with it eh? Quite the expensive bet, congratulations on your purchase and I hope you enjoy it.

Did you doubt me for a moment?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Torillian said:

Did you doubt me for a moment?

Hell yes I did, though it was quite a publicly known bet.  So I suppose you deserve a second congratulations for turning out to be a more honorable better than I.  I would never go through with a bet for something that expensive.  But then again I'm not a big better.

om whas it a bet? omg.. then he deserves my respect and hopefully he will like the console

Welcome to thee "Elitist" club buddy! 

starcraft said:

...and is ten minutes into Killzone 2.

I'm not sure if we can believe you...

Please post a pic of your PS3+Killzone 2+note saying you're Starcraft from VGC. 

If you have a hot sister you can put it in there too. Hot sister in underwear +1 extra point.