By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft bought a PS3...

City17 said:

Welcome to thee "Elitist" club buddy! 

lol. So you get entered into a club now do you?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

WOW, he actually did it. I feel so close to you right now LOL. Like Torillian said, Congrats on the new purchase and being a man of your word. I hope you enjoy your purchase, add me to PSN. PSN ID: SnakeEyez.

Congrats, I hope you have fun with it. Double HD systems is the only way to go IMO, best of both worlds.

Tifa got MOVES!

Prep. yourself for one of the best FPS experiences you will ever have.

Dude you absolutely gotta get MGS4, LBP and Uncharted. I can't wait to see you switch sides in this little console war :).

Oh and congratulations.

mgs4, and uncharted YOU NEED
THOSE DEFINE GREATNESS

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Around the Network

i bought something more powerful and satisfying than a ps3 and 360 combined, i bought a double pepperoni and lamb donner pizza with garlic bread and garlic and herb dip.

its only 12" big and i got 2nd one for free. it has several chips with it too that allow several different tung pad processors to pick up different qualifies. its amazing ... its better than amazing, i recommend every ps3 user to pick one up to enhance your gaming experience.

ot: i made my friends buy lbp, but never bought it myself since it didn't look like something i would enjoy, but after picking up a copy brand new for £13, i was glad i didnt miss out.

ive been playing it for 2 days continues and i cant get enough. its hard not to fall in love with it. you must take a leap of faith and get it matey!

makingmusic476 said:

Huzzah. Be prepared for a cheesy story with a side character you'll absolutely loathe!

By the way, congratz on the purchase.  Buy LBP first and foremost (honestly, why you chose KZ2 first is beyond me), then MGS4, Uncharted, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Then you'll have the five best games on the system.

I would also highly recommend Heavenly Sword and both Ratchet & Clanks.  Quest for Booty in particular is a delight.

Disgaea 3 >  all those games put together (except VC).

starcraft said:

Rentals I think.  Though 8 player co-op does sound appealing. It's fantastic; you should at least give it a try. I'd play if you want someone to play with; I've got all lv 30 classes. =D

3. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - Third Person Action Adventure games are a rare breed, this game does it all, beautiful graphics, great story, RPG leveling up system. Its definetely worth buying to support the devs. Its also dirt cheap.

Had my first R&C experience on a PSP the other day and quite enjoyed it, so I may pick this up cheap.

axumblade said:
Ratchet & Clank Future is way better than Ratchet & Clank Size Matters. imo. Definitely worth a try though if you liked the PSP version.

This. Size Matters is good, but I love ToD and Q4B so much more.

2. WARHAWK!!!!222!!! - probably the best third person, all scale, shooter I have played this gen. This game has a great online community, that is very consistent with it. Its a little pricey at 29.99, but its very much worth it if you are looking for a new multiplayer game. Definitely worth the price, but if a sequel is coming, it might just be worth waiting.

4. FAT Princess- 32 Player. Multi Class. Multiplayer. Mayhem. This is in beta stages right now, keep an eye out for a key. It should be mandatory for every PS3 owner to get this when it comes out.

4. Wipeout HD - I am really disappointed no one mentioned this. This game has absolutely everything going for it. Beautiful graphics, insane speeds, amazing techno soundtrack, and its made by Sony Liverpool to boot! This is penultimate online PS3 futuristic racer. Definitely; it's my favorite racing game on the PS3, and tied for first with my overall favorite.

Tier 1:
2. FLOW / FLOWer- Read about Eden :). Haven't tried Fl0w, but Flower is fantastic.

4. Ratchet: Quest for Booty - This requires zero explanation, if you ilke R&C, you will like this. Yes. The only real issues I have are the lack of Skill Points, Gold Bolts, and Challenge Mode. Still, the story itself is very good, if you've played the PS2 Ratchets (which I highly recommend the first three... Well, provided you can find some way to play them. Know anyone with a PS2? ^_^) then you're in for a pleasant surprise, and the game itself is really fun to play.

Worth getting-

1. Burnout Paradise off psn.

The PSN titles are a potential problem.  I dont have a credit card and my parents are sceptical of internet transactions.  Until Sony brings cards out like MS have for MS Points, this may be a no-go scene for me. That's a bummer, I hopw Sony releases the PSN cards worldwide... It's really a bit stupid that they haven't done that already.

As for Burnout Paradise?  My monthly download limit (which I am looking to change ASAP) is currently 12GB.  Thats pretty par for the course in Australia, and makes downloading a full retail game like this one impossible.

Thankyou, GREAT post.

WTH when did you start playing b3yond?

You were so pro 360 it seemed fanboyish...

Well whatever Enjoy your new "HD" console.

Nice to see you see the light.