By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Screws Wii again

Well, I don't play Hockey games....

NBA Live 08 is on the Wii though. Same with FIFA Soccer 08.

Seems like the Wii is getting quite a selection of Sports games from EA.

What is it missing, Racing and Hockey?

Around the Network

I think EA Sports division doesn't have the resources to properly convert games to another system. Yes they could do crap PS2 ports, but EA actually seems determined to do motion sensing right and not just tacked on.

Perhaps we'll see NHL 08 in the spring like Tiger Woods did in the spring of '07.

At least, that better be the case, or else I'll be pissed.

It was only about 6 months ago EA decided to pay more attention to the wii. It takes 1+ years to shift development and make games. 09 and 2010 will likely see more and better quality, assuming sales of the wii contue to exceed the other consoles.

Nintendo should start putting more resources (people and money) on sports games. Theirs could definitely be better than EA's current output of games. I believe top quality-control will help it produce the best sports games ever.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Nintendo could do a lot of things...they don't have to, nor should they really. Sony could produce all the sports games they wanted 1st party as well...why bother if EA pumps them out...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hockey... hocket... ah, that. Ok, you can have it.

And you can have EA too.

I enjoyed sports games back in the good old 8-bit days, when they were about the sport.

Now it seems to be more about leagues, franchises, and statistics. Boooooring.

C'mon Konami, give me some Blades of Steel on VC. Make it happen!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

IMO the most sports games on Wii'll be tennis and golf; all others won't do good (not bad either).

I think Nintendo have a policy of only one game (or few games) per genre. They would never release as many incremental updates as EA Sports.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Loss of the EA Franchises don't bug me. Not getting a 2K sports game sucks though.

Though i'm not the kind of person that buys a new sports game every year, so i'm pretty happy with my NBA 2k6 and College hoops 2k6, Madden 04 well scratch that, Tecmo Superbowl, and MLB 05.

Weird though since you'd think the Wii would be most condusive to sports games.

I mean i'd probably be forced by law to get the first well done baseball game on the Wii.