By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Screws Wii again

I dont get it, NHL looks terrible when you play it, looks like harry potter.. but on videos it looks so good? Heavenly sword looks ehh on videos but in gameplay looks amazing.

mM
Around the Network
windbane said:
lolita said:
I don't really play sports games anyways (exept mario strikers which is pretty different)... I mean wouldn't it be more interesting to go outside play the sport insteed of sitting on your rear and pressing buttons?

Yeah, sure, if you have 10+ friends available at all times.  Try doing that every day.  Oh, and some people aren't athletic and enjoy playing the video games more. 

You can't recruit and draft players that are on TV in real life.  I can't recruit for my favorite schools in NCAA and then have them play in my backyard. 

The going outside argument has got to be the worst ever.

I'm not telling people to do this everyday, besides, who said you have to play with that much people? Who said you need to do like on tv? Sports are about having fun and in the same time do some exercise. Well it's your problem if you want to get lazy and sit all day. Sorry for being a health freak and encouraging people to stay fit and be healthy. Also sorry for not understanding how smashing buttons are more fun than playing with friends outside.

kn said:
There seems to be this crazy correlation between a game being rubbish and it's sales. Madden Wii, for instance, was a bugfest...

Don't say that just keep your head down and move along. Wii Madden looks better than 360/PS3 Madden according to some on these forums...

Also I love this BS about being glad that Wii isn't flooded with 'crappy' EA games, it makes me laugh when at the same time when I complain about the crap mini game collections being put out I get stomped lol...

NHL 08 and Madden 08 have both gotten stellar reviews this year. Even I who have never bought an NHL game in my life, am thinking of getting one cause it could be fun...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Sorry to bring this up again (well, ok, not really), but I was just checking my "Recent Forum Posts" and I noticed this one that I never got back to.  I've been too busy actually playing PS3 games (waiting for my first Wii game from gamefly).

But seriously, people, there's also no Rock Band for the Wii.  I'm a little surprised that people that only own a Wii don't seem to mind EA skipping their system. 

And fanboy RolStoppable, I'm sorry that I forgot that 2K Sports was bought by Take Two.  Get over it. 

As for people waiting for other games...well, that's sure been a tough wait since Metroid Prime hasn't it?  It seems to me you've got about 5 really quality games for the Wii so far.  I'm just glad I haven't played any of them yet so I feel like I've got something to play.  I bought Ocarina of Time but that's about it from the Virtual Console.  I quickly went back to my PSN games (Everyday Shooter recently out) while waiting for my Wii games to arrive from Gamefly.  Waiting is no fun, so I'm not sure how Wii owners deal with waiting for Galaxy and now several months for Brawl.

But yeah, it's easy to say you dont like sports and that EA makes the same game every year (which, yeah, is true, because it's the same sports), but the systems that don't have EA's support fail.  Look at the dreamcast.  A lot of people do like sports titles, and I'd hope that as a Wii-only owner I didn't get screwed out of the best sports game of the year (NHL 08), the best party game (Rock Band), and the most innovative sports game (Skate).

But hey, sorry to bother those that don't like those games.  I hope you're enjoying Wii Sports, a game that showed nobody likes sports games I guess. 

windbane said:

Sorry to bring this up again (well, ok, not really), but I was just checking my "Recent Forum Posts" and I noticed this one that I never got back to. I've been too busy actually playing PS3 games (waiting for my first Wii game from gamefly).

But seriously, people, there's also no Rock Band for the Wii. I'm a little surprised that people that only own a Wii don't seem to mind EA skipping their system.

And fanboy RolStoppable, I'm sorry that I forgot that 2K Sports was bought by Take Two. Get over it.

As for people waiting for other games...well, that's sure been a tough wait since Metroid Prime hasn't it? It seems to me you've got about 5 really quality games for the Wii so far. I'm just glad I haven't played any of them yet so I feel like I've got something to play. I bought Ocarina of Time but that's about it from the Virtual Console. I quickly went back to my PSN games (Everyday Shooter recently out) while waiting for my Wii games to arrive from Gamefly. Waiting is no fun, so I'm not sure how Wii owners deal with waiting for Galaxy and now several months for Brawl.

But yeah, it's easy to say you dont like sports and that EA makes the same game every year (which, yeah, is true, because it's the same sports), but the systems that don't have EA's support fail. Look at the dreamcast. A lot of people do like sports titles, and I'd hope that as a Wii-only owner I didn't get screwed out of the best sports game of the year (NHL 08), the best party game (Rock Band), and the most innovative sports game (Skate).

But hey, sorry to bother those that don't like those games. I hope you're enjoying Wii Sports, a game that showed nobody likes sports games I guess.

I don't see why you're bringing this up again, it's a no brainer wii-owners want something else than the yearly  EA moneymilking games. Also, you're talking about a lack of games while you should check your avatar first which system is actually having a droughth. Also, you actually see this system fail? if you follow closely, you could see it went from domination to pure domination.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
dschumm said:
This in and of itself doesn't bother me. I think EA's tactics will only hurt themselves. For example they take some cash from MS and only advertise Madden for the Xbox 360. This is a rediculous policy. Maybe they made more money this way but it didn't change one buyers decision on which system to get it since the 360 was the best version by reviews I saw. What it did do is fail to indoctrinate casual owners of the PS3 and Wii to start getting into the franchise. Bad move, because if your game has any redeeming qualities at all they will buy more Madden in the future.

Then last night I heard a radio ad "Enjoy Tiger Woods on your 360, PS3, PS2, and PSP".And people wonder why these games aren't doing well on the Wii but have a little better legs than expected. No advertising.

So yeah we have a company that wont support/advertise their own games without kickbacks, and are notorious for making incremental updates (Sims on PC, all sports series). It makes me angry because games like Wii Madden and Boogie could have been good. I say EA can keep their games until they can start producing them with polish and are willing to support them.
Casual owners of the PS3....... lol

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Neos said:
windbane said:

Sorry to bring this up again (well, ok, not really), but I was just checking my "Recent Forum Posts" and I noticed this one that I never got back to. I've been too busy actually playing PS3 games (waiting for my first Wii game from gamefly).

But seriously, people, there's also no Rock Band for the Wii. I'm a little surprised that people that only own a Wii don't seem to mind EA skipping their system.

And fanboy RolStoppable, I'm sorry that I forgot that 2K Sports was bought by Take Two. Get over it.

As for people waiting for other games...well, that's sure been a tough wait since Metroid Prime hasn't it? It seems to me you've got about 5 really quality games for the Wii so far. I'm just glad I haven't played any of them yet so I feel like I've got something to play. I bought Ocarina of Time but that's about it from the Virtual Console. I quickly went back to my PSN games (Everyday Shooter recently out) while waiting for my Wii games to arrive from Gamefly. Waiting is no fun, so I'm not sure how Wii owners deal with waiting for Galaxy and now several months for Brawl.

But yeah, it's easy to say you dont like sports and that EA makes the same game every year (which, yeah, is true, because it's the same sports), but the systems that don't have EA's support fail. Look at the dreamcast. A lot of people do like sports titles, and I'd hope that as a Wii-only owner I didn't get screwed out of the best sports game of the year (NHL 08), the best party game (Rock Band), and the most innovative sports game (Skate).

But hey, sorry to bother those that don't like those games. I hope you're enjoying Wii Sports, a game that showed nobody likes sports games I guess.

I don't see why you're bringing this up again, it's a no brainer wii-owners want something else than the yearly EA moneymilking games. Also, you're talking about a lack of games while you should check your avatar first which system is actually having a droughth. Also, you actually see this system fail? if you follow closely, you could see it went from domination to pure domination.

The games I mentioned, NHL08, Rock Band, and Skate, are hardly cash-ins.  2 are original.  I have my issues with EA as well being also a PS3 owner, but come on people, get new material.  EA publishes a lot of great games.

I can not believe you are calling out the PS3's lineup compared to the Wii.  The Wii has had exactly TWO quality titles in months!  The PSN has more original downloadable games worth playing than the Wii has in total.  Ratchet looks like it'll be rated higher than all Wii games except for 2 gamecube ports. 

But anyway, I am not saying the Wii is going to fail, but it's clear that if you are an avid videogame player that you'll be hardpressed to only own a Wii unless you don't mind getting a quality game every few months and don't care that you are missing the majority of huge releases. 

But hey, I'd be upset with EA too if I couldn't play Rock Band. 

It certainly doesn't have only 2 quality games windbane. It has Zack & Wiki (just released), SSBB, SMG, NiGHTS (yes, the previews were very positive), RE:UC, MoH:Heroes 2, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars 2. Just off the top of my head. The PS3 has Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, and...? That's it?

Btw i assume you are talking about exclusives.

windbane said:
Neos said:
windbane said:

I don't see why you're bringing this up again, it's a no brainer wii-owners want something else than the yearly EA moneymilking games. Also, you're talking about a lack of games while you should check your avatar first which system is actually having a droughth. Also, you actually see this system fail? if you follow closely, you could see it went from domination to pure domination.

The games I mentioned, NHL08, Rock Band, and Skate, are hardly cash-ins. 2 are original. I have my issues with EA as well being also a PS3 owner, but come on people, get new material. EA publishes a lot of great games.

I can not believe you are calling out the PS3's lineup compared to the Wii. The Wii has had exactly TWO quality titles in months! The PSN has more original downloadable games worth playing than the Wii has in total. Ratchet looks like it'll be rated higher than all Wii games except for 2 gamecube ports.

But anyway, I am not saying the Wii is going to fail, but it's clear that if you are an avid videogame player that you'll be hardpressed to only own a Wii unless you don't mind getting a quality game every few months and don't care that you are missing the majority of huge releases.

But hey, I'd be upset with EA too if I couldn't play Rock Band.

i couldn't care less about rockband, and no i don't mind getting a quality game every few months. I actually have a life and don't spend gaming 24/7 and i only care for true quality games, those who got a golden sticker back in the early days.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Two gquality titles for the rest of the year? Here I am, a Wii only owner and thinking to myself, "How the hell am I going to get all these games before the years end. I could buy one new release a week for the next ten weeks and still be missing a game or two that I want."

People confuse quality titles with AAA titles. My PS3 fanboy friend says that four good games and one AAA title are coming out before next year. Well, right now, Wii has quite a bit on that.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000