By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (4/23) - MHG Wii, Killzone 2, Disaster Report 3

Well most of the people who bought Monster Hunter G at least played Monster Hunter G before but Tri is completely new to them.

^ASSumptions Rox

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I was expecting 30k for Killzone 2.

BKK2 said:
[360] DeathSmiles (Cave) - LE 5,000 (65%) / SE 4,000 (60%)

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1240505017/110

Nice start for DeathSmiles! The 360 is definitely the place for shooter games in Japan(by that I mean shmups/shoot-em ups) with games like Raiden IV and Aces, Dodonpachi, Otomedius G, Shooting Love 200X, and now DeathSmiles. Not too mention Ketsui(whenever it gets released) and the just announced Mushihimesama Futari! Makes me glad to have a JP Xbox 360! :D

I'm awaiting my DeathSmiles LE, which should be coming in the morning! Looking forward to playing it :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I think those are the biggest first day for any Wii game in this year so very impressive.

DMeisterJ said:

Ehm, firstly, MHG is a doubly ported game (at best) but really it's only once ported (from PS2 to Wii).

Anyway, I see that the goal posts keep getting lowered with all these excuses.  Like I said weeks ago, MH on Wii was going to be seen as good sales either way.  It was A) going to sell good, or B) be excused because of pay for online (Which didn't hurt the PS2 monster hunters from selling better first week (See MH2)) or because it is a port. Oh well, I guess people will believe what they want to.

@ Stickball

It's not a port of a PSP game, it's a port of a PS2 game.  It just was ported for the most part (stuff was added) to the PSP, and this is a port of the PS2 version.

So a port of a remake doesn't outsell a true sequel on a system with a larger instal base and you accuse others of not caring what the numbers say as to the success of the title? Seriously? The port is going to outsell the originals first week. That is impressive by any metric.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
stof said:
I wonder if there is a single person in Japan who bought MHG Wii, took it home and actually played MHG instead of the MH3 demo.

I was thinking the same about the Advent Children movie

@DMJ

Context being Japan, MHG is a 4 year old port. >.>

You being a MH Fan Know that MH Freedom IS MHG but on the PSP. Next this is the first day sales not the first week, unless there are no more supplies or no one else is interested in Monster Hunter G then the rest of the days at the least should moot the debut week of MH G on the PS2.

As Source said the install base is 8 to 18 million.

My Final note is when did people think G would sell bazillions, those only thing I could see was a few people claiming the Wii would bounce back with it's release. If your so willing to feed crow you should wait for the hardware numbers.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

What all the fanboys bashing MHG... do I sense fear haha.

I mean come on guys it did about what people expected it to do if not more. I was thinking 100k-150k first week so it did about what I thought it would do. This will help Wii out a little bit but certainly not improve the situation entirely. But it will be nice for Wii going into Golden Week.

Those sales are probably a bit higher than I expected. MHG from the PS2 is several years old and doesn't have many of the new features the more recent PSP games has or even Monster Hunter 2 on the PS2. 

Also Monster Hunter G is not playable without the Classic Controller at all either, though the MH3 demo can be played with the standard Wiimote + nunchaku, that probably limits it a bit. So the userbase rant is a bit misleading. I doubt more than 50% of Wii users there have a Classic Controller. 

For those people so on Nintendo's case for Wii sales in Japan ... you do realize regardless of Monster Hunter, the Wii is going to start outselling the PS3 again when Wii Sports Resort comes out right?

The PS3 despite RE5 and SF4 and FF13 demo bundle still is behind the Wii in 2009 LTD and Nintendo has released one whopping niche game (Another Code 2) for the entire year, lol. 

They will have Wii Sports Resort, Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces, and most likely stuff like Wii Fit Plus and Pikmin 3 in the second half of the year. I doubt PS3 keeps pace. 

The PS3 despite RE5 and SF4 and FF13 demo bundle still is behind the Wii in 2009 LTD

That apparently depends on the source and even with Famitsu numbers, I think (repeat: I think) the PS3 has surpassed the Wii in 2009 (not that it matters in the bigger picture, but still ^^)