By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (4/23) - MHG Wii, Killzone 2, Disaster Report 3

92k first day with the majority being the controller bundle. Possibly will bode well for some hardware movement. Guess is about 130k-150k first week. More than I expected it to do haha.

Around the Network

Tri was huge, guy G well, I'd buy G but not for the online. V_V I'd rather have friend codes than pay $8 a month. >.>

I'd like to see if the software selling hardware bit is true - I'll wait till the end of the Week, if the Wii can rebound that would be interesting.

But a PS2 expansion pack that flopped on the Ps2 debuts at 90k in Japan isn't a bad thing, but if Wii hardware shoots up then maybe people have a point, if not then there is some crow to be eaten.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

griffinA said:
TheSource said:

Monster Hunter G Wii is probably going to outperform the opening week of Monster Hunter (119K) and Monster Hunter G (128k week one) on PS2.

The PS2 base was 18m units when Monster Hunter G came out, the Wii base is 8m units when it came. For a four year old port on a base thats 4/9 the PS2 size its a very solid result.

QFT

I think TheSource just ended the discussion

Yes I'd second that.

it barely beat street fighter 4 on the ps3.

why are proplr comparing this to the PSP version? isnt that like comapring pokemon stadium to the handheld pokemon?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

@ DJMeister

how much wereyou expecting MHG to sell first week?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Louis277 said:

The main reason of MHG sold great is because of this

Monster Hunter classic controller which is come with special package !

I want this! I'll display it on my shelves.

TheSource said:

Monster Hunter G Wii is probably going to outperform the opening week of Monster Hunter (119K) and Monster Hunter G (128k week one) on PS2.

The PS2 base was 18m units when Monster Hunter G came out, the Wii base is 8m units when it came. For a four year old port on a base thats 4/9 the PS2 size its a very solid result.

nuff said xD

Great 1st day sales for Killzone 2 expect it at 40-45K.
The hardware sales will be interesting. MHG did good nuff! said.

I wonder if there is a single person in Japan who bought MHG Wii, took it home and actually played MHG instead of the MH3 demo.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.