By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PS3 in US selling bad? Americans Nationalists? Buy American?

I am always wondering why in US the PS3 is doing bad compared to Europe... Are the american just Microsoft Zombies or are they following the "King of War" G.W. Bush words "BUY AMERICAN"?

I mean in Europe the PS3 was selling much better than the XBOX360 until M$ lowered their prices below 200 EUR. And even now, at this hefty almost 200 EUR difference between PS3 and XBOX360 Arcade, still PS3 is following the XBOX on the heels...

I personally would never consider buying a M$ console just because of their RULE THE WORLD attitude...

But now, if I try to get it objective:

PS3 has Bluray, a standalone Player in this Quality is at least 200US$.

I would think that most people buying XBOX or PS3 will have a HD capable TV set (LCD or Plasma), so to have good quality movies require BD, or big Harddrives for Downloading...

PS3 has still a value advantage, if you compare all options....

Software is like Sex, it is better when it is free!

Around the Network

and why wii is selling so good??? Is it an American product????

Because most people can't find a second job, to afford PS3.:)

360 is American.
360 is half the price of the PS3.
360 has Halo.
360 is marketted a LOT better than PS3.

The average consumer doesnt know the ps3 is the ps3.

mM
Around the Network

I read posts like this, and the first responses, and I wonder why I even bother coming to this site.

thats a good question, even before 360's price cut(s) in summer, ps3 was selling pretty bad to average in america. the answer is unknown to me.

an american product isn't bad just because it is american. anyway, the 360 is just more appealing. i hate sony with a passion for the companies arrogance, but i do like the ps3. i bought the 360 for gears of war, and because the controller is much more comfortable for me. up until sept 2008, i was strictly a nintendo fan, but not anymore.

Carl2291 said:
360 is American.
360 is half the price of the PS3.
360 has Halo.
360 is marketted a LOT better than PS3.

yup

TRios_Zen said:
I read posts like this, and the first responses, and I wonder why I even bother coming to this site.

I have plenty of those moments

mM