By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Japan Media Conference Liveblog Tonight 10PM PST

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173837
Probably will showcase JRPGs that are coming out this year.

Edit by Mrstickball:

Announcements for the event (for those late to the party):

• Microsoft announcing 31 titles today.
  • 1 million MS Points to be given away to J-users, dashboard themes, ect. This is due to the 1 million Xbox 360's sold in Japan.
  • Magna Carta 2: August 6th in Japan. 8,379 yen. Pre-orders get a special visual book as a bonus. *drool*
  • Tekken 6 trailer shown. Fall 2009 (no exact date). Trailer to go on XBL today.
  • Lost Planet 2 trailer shown. Will have 4-player Co-Op. Looks awesome, appearently.
  • Dead Rising 2 trailer shown. Different DR2 trailer to be on the marketplace shortly.
  • End of Eternity trailer shown. Winter 2009. Gameplay looks good 'if not FFXIII level'. Big focus on combat. Possible on-the-fly weapon switching. Gun fights are the focus of combat. 
  • Bayonetta trailer shown. Similar trailer to what's available, plus a few new scenes. Fall 2009
  • Mass Effect trailer shown.
  • Halo 3: ODST shown
  • BlazBlue set for release on 6/25
  • King of Fighters XII set for Fall 2009
  • Samauri Spirits Shin exclusive to X360 in 2009.
  • Expanding the Japanese Platinum lineup, including Bioshock and Mousou 5.
  • Virtual On releasing on 4/29
  • Nectaris Military Madness by Hudson announced - XBLA
  • Multiple other XBLA titles announced: Yosumin Live! Bouble Bobble Neo, Rockman 9 (WiiWare exclusive as of now, but coming to 360), O-D, King of Fighters 2002, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and many others.
  • Gears of War 2 announced for Japan (if it wasn't already). Summer 2009

Around the Network

Can only lead to disappointment.

Should we really be expecting Lost Odyssey 2?

(annoying question alert!)

What time is this in EST?

Munkeh111 said:

Maybe not, but we should expect some suprises. I doubt that Microsoft would hold a press conference entirely dedicated to NN2 and Magna Carta...

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

Probably not. It wouldn't be out of the question to hope for something new from Mistwalker, but Blue Dragon 2 is much more likely seeing as it was actually hinted at being in the early stages of development about a year or two ago.

But yeah, other than that I'm expecting to be disappointed, and anyone who expects anything including the words Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter or Metal Gear should prepare for disappointment as well.

as a Ps3 fan , i think i will be deeply frustrated :( , just like last year

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Cactus said:
(annoying question alert!)

What time is this in EST?

It's a 3 hr. difference, so 1 AM. I suggusted you just sleep, then wake up to the news

Im expecting kingdom hearts in that conference

mM
leo-j said:
Im expecting kingdom hearts in that conference

Expect disappointment.