By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Japan Media Conference Liveblog Tonight 10PM PST

RPG said:
I cannot help but giggle at anyone expecting a new JRPG of high production value. LO2 if made will cost a fuckton, why would MS not announce that at TGS? I remember Ninja Blade being announced at a similar event........yeah like I said don't get your hopes up.

Then you get those making comments like "expect KH to be announced" and have a name for thise whom say that, I will be banned if I use that word so will stay quiet.

Well there is End Of Eternity But that's not Exclusive....But it is of High Production

Around the Network

Hmm, last year this thing had the SO4 and TOV exclusivity and the TLR Timed-Exclusivity announcements, but those were all previously announced games in some form.

I doubt there will be anything involving FFXIII or FFvsXIII. There really is no point in releasing FFXIII on 360 in Japan, especially when you compare the sales of recent multiplatform releases there. Plus, if they did release it on 360, I imagine it would be after the PS3 release, reducing the impact even more. As for Versus, if that does see 360 release, I imagine it would be in NA/EU much like FFXIII, so why bother announcing this in Japan?

We won't be seeing KH3 any time soon for any platform, so let's just leave that alone.

So other then a new Mistwalker RPG, I'm a little miffed on what we might see. A possibility is End of Eternity, maybe Timed-Exclusive?

Stats87 said:

Hmm, last year this thing had the SO4 and TOV exclusivity and the TLR Timed-Exclusivity announcements, but those were all previously announced games in some form.

I doubt there will be anything involving FFXIII or FFvsXIII. There really is no point in releasing FFXIII on 360 in Japan, especially when you compare the sales of recent multiplatform releases there. Plus, if they did release it on 360, I imagine it would be after the PS3 release, reducing the impact even more. As for Versus, if that does see 360 release, I imagine it would be in NA/EU much like FFXIII, so why bother announcing this in Japan?

We won't be seeing KH3 any time soon for any platform, so let's just leave that alone.

So other then a new Mistwalker RPG, I'm a little miffed on what we might see. A possibility is End of Eternity, maybe Timed-Exclusive?

Why is there no point? I think 360 owners in Japan have just as much right to be able to play this on PS3 or 360 just as much as the rest of the world has.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:
Stats87 said:

Why is there no point? I think 360 owners in Japan have just as much right to be able to play this on PS3 or 360 just as much as the rest of the world has.

The sales of a 360 version of FFXIII in Japan would be so small that there would be no point, especially if it was released after the PS3 version. This has nothing to do witht he "rights" of the Japanese 360 owner.

They may be small but the are already bringing it over to Xbox 360 and have a Japanese version in PS3 form so how much extra work would that really be?

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Let's take a look at what was announced at last year's event.

-Star Ocean: The Last Hope announced only for 360.
-Tales of Vesperia Japan/America release dates.
-Tales of Vesperia Japan bundle announced, priced, and dated.
-Infinite Undiscovery worldwide release dates.
-The Last Remnant launching early on 360.
-The Last Remnant simultanious Japan/America/Europe release.
-Mass Effect announced for Japan release.

Knowing all this, I predict the following to occur later tonight.

-Blue Dragon 2 announced only for 360.
-Ninety-Nine Nights II Japan/America release dates.
-Ninety-Nine Nights II bundle announced, priced, and dated.
-Magna Carta 2 Japan release date.
-New Idolmaster announced.
-Gears of War 2 announced for Japan release.

LordMatrix said:
They may be small but the are already bringing it over to Xbox 360 and have a Japanese version in PS3 form so how much extra work would that really be?

Probably not much, but I just don't see it happening.

If it does, I'll be wrong and surprised, but I don't think I'm alone in my thinking. If it does hit the 360 in Japan, then all the better for those who benefit from its increased availability.

Seihyouken said:

Knowing all this, I predict the following to occur later tonight.

-Blue Dragon 2 announced only for 360.
-Ninety-Nine Nights II Japan/America release dates.
-Ninety-Nine Nights II bundle announced, priced, and dated.
-Magna Carta 2 Japan release date.

-New Idolmaster announced.
-Gears of War 2 announced for Japan release.

Oh yeah, forgot about those two games.

If Mistwalker does announce a sequel, hopefully it is for LO.

I want LO2, but I've got a feeling it'll never happen :(

nojustno said:
I want LO2, but I've got a feeling it'll never happen :(

Same here.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.