By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 Sales Clarification? SCEA proves "Others" numbers are wrong

^ they said it was the fastest selling game to reach 500k they didnt say it was at 500k when they announced it

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
It's a SCEA announcement so perhaps it was shipped to America numbers??

Thats very valid.... why would the american divition be anouncing WW numbers?

damndl0ser said:
papflesje said:
gebx said:
papflesje said:
gebx said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
blackstar said:
SCEA stands for what?

Sony Computer Entertainment America

I honestly don't know what gebx has against the PS3 and Sony... Everytime he comes out of the 'woodwork' it is to post negative news about the PS3 and/or Sony... It is pretty sad really!

But am I wrong?

And Squall.. when was the last time you created a thread about positive 360 news? Same with all those complaining about my posts.. when have any of you created a thread about positive news on the 360.

Stop being hypocrites, go spam somewhere else.

I don't post news about any console, and react negatively to the things I dislike about Sony in the same way I react positively to the things I like about the 360. So you can stop calling me a hypocrite, thank you very much. Again: it's not whether you are right or wrong, just that you show your bias. Nothing wrong with posting news about a certain console, unless you merely do it to damage its perception. Because that's basically why you post it.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.. your repeating what I stated in my opening thread!! - "I'm a 360 fanboy, I know it, but that doesn't make these numbers and/or statements above wrong" I've declared from the get go.. I'm not hiding anything.

You say I'm damaging "it's perception"and your partially correct. The perception is that Killzone 2 did better than what it truly did. If you want to stay blind when sales numbers don't match than by all means stay out of this thread. The numbers looked off, I did research and posted my thoughts.

And I say this even after replying to WiiStaton360's mention of bundles. It could be the reason for the discrep and both SCEA and VGC could be right.

Okay, I'll bite =)

First off, there are plenty of 360 fans here that don't care about the PS3 or that even say "wow, that's a nice game" or "Wish that came to the 360" and things like that, and leave it at that.

I think we could fit you in the subcategory of the 360-fans (although not restricted to 360 fans), namely the anti-ps3 fan.
You seem to thrive whenever something bad occurs or potentially bad occurs for the ps3. I don't know what gain you get from doing so, but it seems to please you that a console is doing lousily. You have your reasons apparently, and I don't care whether they are justified or not, since you are entitled to your reasons.

Admitting that you are doing this (albeit partially) is commendable, but still doesn't change the fact that it's purely for damaging sakes. Killzone 2 is one of Sony's flagship titles, it got good reviews and apparently a lot of people are enjoying its online features. It didn't do GeoW numbers and many 360 fanboys have rubbed that in already. For the online, Halo 3 gets thrown into the mix. So Killzone 2 has gotten its fair share of bashing already. Add in the "ahahahaha, low first week sales, LOL" and Killzone 2 is probably the most mocked title of 2009 so far. Seeing your infatuation with everything lousy about the PS3, it would surprise me tremendously if you didn't know about the Killzone 2 bundles. But hey, as you wish, the answer of bundles offered you a way to get out of this thread relatively unscathed.

Go enjoy your xbox 360, ignore PS3 fanboys (as we try to do) and live and let live.

There are plenty of people who do the same thing against the Xbox 360 and Wii as well.  After all this is a forum and it will never change ( unless mods start banning people for the smallest offense ).   I never saw one thing in the OP that really damaged anything Sony has done.  It may have pissed off some Sony/KZ2 fans pride, but show me anything that the OP said that was unkind or blatantly wrong?

Different opinions are what keep these forums fun for me and if we all thought exactly the same thing I guess I would be some where else.

True, but their are only a few where you can have a reasonable discussion with like gebx. In the Xbox 360 section's post of him I would say he is a great poster but when he cross the border and ends up in the PS3 section his attitude changes, papflesje only posted that comment to make him aware of that he wouldn't posted it if gebx was just a simply PS3 hater.

Max King of the Wild said:
^ they said it was the fastest selling game to reach 500k they didnt say it was at 500k when they announced it

Why not say 600,000?

mM
gebx said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@max king of the wild

DITTO

it sold 200K + in UK alone

& Killzone as a brand was more popular inmainland EU than in NA

So Sony's wrong with its statement... or they're about 3 weeks behind when Killzone 2 actually passed 1 million?

considering npd released mid april... they have the most recent data... which happens to be a couple weeks behind automatically

Around the Network

Sony Says PS3 Has "Captured The Hardcore"
All set to move on to "softer brands" now.
By Kat Bailey, 04/20/2009

Sony hardware marketing director John Koller has certainly been confident lately. At GDC, for instance, he told Videogaming247 that Sony had successfully captured "the hardcore," and was now taking aim at the casual space.

"We've captured the hardcore. The install base we have now tells us that the hardcore's purchased. We're moving on now to continue to support them with a tremendous line-up of games, but also look at softer brands that maybe we had with PlayStation 2 franchises we're bringing over to PS3, or new IP," he said.

He added, "There's certainly a line-up of very strong family-friendly titles that we're looking at for PS3 in our continuing effort to appeal to that casual consumer."

As for what exactly those "softer" brands will be, Koller said that we should be thinking about "latter-half PlayStation 2 franchises." Any ideas?"

leo-j said:

Why not say 600,000?

i wasnt aware 600k was a milestone .

Zizzla_Rachet said:

Sony hardware marketing director John Koller has certainly been confident lately. At GDC, for instance, he told Videogaming247 that Sony had successfully captured "the hardcore," and was now taking aim at the casual space.

"We've captured the hardcore. The install base we have now tells us that the hardcore's purchased. We're moving on now to continue to support them with a tremendous line-up of games, but also look at softer brands that maybe we had with PlayStation 2 franchises we're bringing over to PS3, or new IP," he said.

He added, "There's certainly a line-up of very strong family-friendly titles that we're looking at for PS3 in our continuing effort to appeal to that casual consumer."

As for what exactly those "softer" brands will be, Koller said that we should be thinking about "latter-half PlayStation 2 franchises." Any ideas?"

point to this or off topic troll job?

makingmusic476 said:
Guys, give gebx a break. Is it really worth this stupid page long argument?

Seriously. What he's saying isn't bad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Zizzla_Rachet said:

point to this or off topic troll job?

I posted that by mistake this was what I meant to post

Sony reveals that its PlayStation 3-exclusive shooter's worldwide tally has taken the platinum trophy after 296,000-unit domestic haul.

Yesterday, the NPD Group released its March US game-industry sales numbers. Besides revealing the less-than-90,000-unit launch of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, the figures showed that the heavily hyped Killzone 2 had a middling month, coming in at seventh place with 296,000 units. Coupled with the 323,000 units that it sold in February, the game's US total now stands at 619,000 units--nearly equaling the original Killzone's entire life-to-date haul.

Sony Computer Entertainment was also quick to point out that US sales are just part of the global picture. "With more than 1 million copies sold worldwide and a truly only-on-PlayStation experience, the hit game has garnered the biggest initial success at retail of any first-party PS3 title to date, and will continue to drive incentive for hardware sales throughout the year," the company crowed in a statement.

Killzone 2 is also currently available in Japan and in Europe, where it was developed at the Sony-owned, Amsterdam-based Guerilla Games. Though it received critical plaudits for its intense graphics--first teased via the controversial E3 2005 trailer--the game's sleek visuals did not come cheap. According to a 2006 article in the Dutch newspaper de Volksrant, Killzone 2 is the most expensive entertainment project in the Netherlands' history, with a budget of around €16 million--approximately $21 million at today's exchange rates.