By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - End of 09 Sales

Wii Japan:10.5 million / Others: 25 million / America: 34 million           Total: 69.5 million

Xbox 360 Japan: 1.91 million / Others: 15.3 million / America: 23.9 million          Total: 41.11 million

PS3 Japan: 7.1 million / Others: 16 million / 13 million            Total 36.1 million

Wii is all expected, xbox 360 may be lower for japan and higher for america, and ps3 might be to high for japan, depending on Final Fantasy sales, and release date, and console price.

Post your own predictions below.

Around the Network

yup this looks about right if the ps3 gets a price cut right about now!!i think if price cut comes it will be later so the gap will be 7.5-7.8 million at the end of the year!

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun

Ya I posted the ps3 sales with a $50 price cut during Fall.

umm i dont think so, seems way off for PS3 and 360.

Well then post your prediction.

Around the Network

only if the ps3 gets the infamous pricecut

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

This thread has been made several times, but thank you, because it reminded me to bump my Predictions for 2009 thread from last December.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Also, just as a suggestion, once you've calculated your predicted sales, convert them all to market share percentages. You have currently predicted the Wii at about 48%, despite the fact that it is currently above that, and selling at above 50% on a weekly/montly basis

The Wii is going to lose some market share, because the PS3, and the 360 have some big games coming out. Unless Wii gets a next Zelda game, it will stay at 48% maybe even lower.

rafichamp said:

Ya I posted the ps3 sales with a $50 price cut during Fall.

Which will do absolutely nothing.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger