By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Press Conf. in Japan next Week!

Kasz216 said:
I should pick up Blue Dragon one of these days. I always see it for like 15 bucks or so at various places.

That anime really hurt my wanting of the game though.

Even if the game isn't quite to your taste, I can assure you it's nowhere near as grating and obnoxious as the anime. I watched a few episodes and was really disappointed with how they butchered the game, including the very characters and their relationships.

Around the Network

thank u microsfot for caring about the gamers. giving us what we really care about, games. we dont need no force format.

BTFeather55 said:
Shadowblind said:

I have a feeling that, like GDC, we are all setting ourselves up for MASSIVE disappointment. When has Microsoft had a random April Japan Conference?...They're probably gonna hold everything until TGS or E3. I will be surprised if they announce even one new JRPG.

March 2008 Microsoft held a conference in Japan to announce Last Remnent, Infinite Undiscovery, and Star Ocean 4 though none of them turned out to be worth the hype (at least their 360's versions didn't as far as sales and review scores go).

All 3 of them were worth it to me more than gettign MGS4 would be. I love Last Remnant and Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery isn't that bad it's mediocre but I would rather have rpg love than almost non existent love love of them on ps3. That is if I only had 360 of course. Sony Fanboys cry about us getting rpg's because they have hardly any guess what pick up a 360 2 if you want a game so bad. I have all 3 current systems so I don't have to worry about missing out on the games that interest me at all.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:
BTFeather55 said:
Shadowblind said:

I have a feeling that, like GDC, we are all setting ourselves up for MASSIVE disappointment. When has Microsoft had a random April Japan Conference?...They're probably gonna hold everything until TGS or E3. I will be surprised if they announce even one new JRPG.

March 2008 Microsoft held a conference in Japan to announce Last Remnent, Infinite Undiscovery, and Star Ocean 4 though none of them turned out to be worth the hype (at least their 360's versions didn't as far as sales and review scores go).

All 3 of them were worth it to me more than gettign MGS4 would be. I love Last Remnant and Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery isn't that bad it's mediocre but I would rather have rpg love than almost non existent love love of them on ps3. That is if I only had 360 of course. Sony Fanboys cry about us getting rpg's because they have hardly any guess what pick up a 360 2 if you want a game so bad. I have all 3 current systems so I don't have to worry about missing out on the games that interest me at all.

But games like White Knight Chronicles on PS3 selling much better than any of the 360 rpgs will lead to more announced games for the PS3 than for the 360 in the future.  We've already had two announced games in the past month for the PS3.  Eternal Mana:  Rosaria (something like that) and an improved version of Tales of Vesperia.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:
LordMatrix said:
BTFeather55 said:
Shadowblind said:

But games like White Knight Chronicles on PS3 selling much better than any of the 360 rpgs will lead to more announced games for the PS3 than for the 360 in the future.  We've already had two announced games in the past month for the PS3.  Eternal Mana:  Rosaria (something like that) and an improved version of Tales of Vesperia.

Its to be expected in japan that wkc would sell better than a 360 rpg but worldwide sales we can't say how it will be just yet. You have to remember though that it only sold around 100 thouasand more than blue dragon and/or star ocean 4 and add in the fact that their are 2 million more ps3 owners than 360 owners and japan.

wkc will do well but i doubt it will surpass lost odyssey in terms of worldwide sales. they are only making a port of Tales Vesperia to earn a few more dollars off of it. Their fault for poor marketing though.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
BTFeather55 said:
Shadowblind said:

The conference was in June. And announced games were Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4. Both of which got good review scores and overall reception. IU was announced long before this conference.

uhh something from Atlus would be sexa, please be Persona 5

Call of Duty: World At War will be released in Japan. Microsoft wants Japan to not forget what they did.

Rei said:
BTFeather55 said:
Shadowblind said:

The conference was in June. And announced games were Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4. Both of which got good review scores and overall reception. IU was announced long before this conference.

IGN gave the Tales games and Star Ocean games on PS1 and PS2 (and Symphonia on Gamecube)  much higher review scores than they gave Vesperia and Star Ocean 360, and I think other critics did so as well.  Also neither Star Ocean 360 or the Tales games seem to have sold as well as Symphonia or past Tales and Star Ocean games on Playstation systems.

Sales (Using VGChartz data)

Star Ocean:  Till The End of Time PS2 sales:  1.29 M (released in three regions)

Tales of Symphonia Gamecube Sales:  1.10 M (released in three regions)

Star Ocean:  The Second Story 2 PS1 Sales: 0.98 M (released in three regions)

Tales of Destiny PS1 Sales:  0.83 M (released in 2 or 3 regions)

Tales of Destiny 2 PS2 Sales:  0.80 (released in one region)

Lost Odyssey 360 Sales:  0.79 M (released in three regions)

Tales of Destiny PS1 Sales:  0.67 M (released in 2 or 3 regions)

Tales of Rebirth PS2 sales:  0.59 M (released in one region)

Tales of the Abyss PS2 sales:  0.57 M (released in two regions)

Last Remnant 360 sales:  0.55 M (released in three regions)

Tales of Phantasia PS1 sales:  0.54 M (released in one region)

Blue Dragon 360 sales:  0.52 M (released in three regions)

Infinte Undiscovery 360 sales 0.44 M (released in three regions)

Tales of Destiny PS2 sales:  0.37 M (released in one region)

Tales of Symphonia 2 Wii Sales:  0.37 M (released in two regions)

Star Ocean:  The Last Hope 360 sales:  0.36M (released in two regions)

Tales of Legendia PS2 sales:  0.35 M (released in two regions)

White Knight Chronicles PS3 sales:  0.34 M (released in one region)

Tales of Vesperia 360 sales (released in two regions): 0.29 M

Reviews (Using Metacritic Data)                                           

Tales of Symphonia (GCN) -- 86                                          

Tales of Vesperia (360) -- 81                                               

Star Ocean:  Till The End of Time (PS2) -- 80                        

Star Ocean The Second Story (PS1) -- 80                             

Blue Dragon (360) -- 79

Tales of Destiny II (PS1) -- 78

Tales of the Abyss (PS2) -- 78

Star Ocean:  The Last Hope (360) -- 78

Lost Odyssey (360) -- 78

Tales of Legendia (PS2) -- 72

Infinite Undiscovery (360) -- 68

Tales of Symphonia II (Wii) -- 68

Last Remnant (360) -- 65

Reviews (Using IGN Data)

Star Ocean:  Till the End of Time (PS2) -- 9.0

Star Ocean:  The Second Story (PS1) -- 8.8

Tales of Destiny II (PS1) --8.5

Tales of Symphonia (GCN) -- 8.5

Tales of the Abyss (PS2) -- 8.3

Lost Odyssey (360) -- 8.2

Tales of Vesperia (360) -- 8.2

Star Ocean:  The Last Hope (360) -- 8.0

Blue Dragon (360) -- 7.9

Tales of Legendia (PS2) -- 7.7

Tales of Destiny (PS1) -- 7.5

Infinite Undiscovery (360) -- 7.1

Tales of Symphonia II (Wii) -- 6.7

Last Remnant (360) -- 5.3

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Shadowblind said:
LordMatrix said:
Xen said:
starcraft said:
selnor said:
LOL. Imagine if the announcements were

LO 2.

MGS 4 Substance

FF13 versus.

That wouldn't be out of M$ pockets now would it? :)

Realistically I hope for a LO 2 announcement. And it would be nice for FF versus 13 to come to 360. :)

It would genuinely suprise me if they announced Versus for Xbox 360 at a Japanese conference bearing in mind that even the main series game isn't hitting the console in that region.

And even more surprising considering the new Versus trailer has an "only on PS3" massage in the end. It's a new trailer, it wouldn't have been there if MS were to get the game on the 360 (and announce it on that conference).

I agree with you there. However I can't help but wonder if it will pull a FF13 announcement at E3 08. Japan PS3 Only Multi Everywhere else. I don't mind either way but I already own most my rpg's on my 360 so why not keep it building and with achievements to boot :)

Back on Topic: This is a wet dream really but Tales of Vesperia 2! :D

I would murder a group of baby sea otters for that.

LOL...Oh and by the way...PS3 while doing better than 360 is doing not all that well....