By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Press Conf. in Japan next Week!

I have a feeling that, like GDC, we are all setting ourselves up for MASSIVE disappointment. When has Microsoft had a random April Japan Conference?...They're probably gonna hold everything until TGS or E3. I will be surprised if they announce even one new JRPG.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

I have a feeling that, like GDC, we are all setting ourselves up for MASSIVE disappointment. When has Microsoft had a random April Japan Conference?...They're probably gonna hold everything until TGS or E3. I will be surprised if they announce even one new JRPG.

March 2008 Microsoft held a conference in Japan to announce Last Remnent, Infinite Undiscovery, and Star Ocean 4 though none of them turned out to be worth the hype (at least their 360's versions didn't as far as sales and review scores go).

Heavens to Murgatoids.

last remnant 2 or blue dragon 2. ms lost it.

BTFeather55 said:
Shadowblind said:

March 2008 Microsoft held a conference in Japan to announce Last Remnent, Infinite Undiscovery, and Star Ocean 4 though none of them turned out to be worth the hype (at least their 360's versions didn't as far as sales and review scores go).

Man SHUT UP! Your breaking my non-hype! ;>_> If I don't expect anything then I'll be happy if ANYTHING is announced!

j/k. Sort of...

I actually am half serious about this though...Star Ocean 4 was a great game, on par or better then SO3, so that was to be expected. TLR was a mess, and IU was decent. I really don't know what they could possibly announce with the hugeness that Tales of vesperia and Star Ocean 4 carried with them.

My hope is that, since Microsoft didn't even seem to be the ones who tried to get Vesperia on their system(they didn't announce it as part of their 'we have the most jrpgs' conference), that since they saw the massive turnout for the game HW wise, they'll try this time to moneyhat a Tales game. Or at least get one HD multi.

But realistically, another Mistwalker game I guess....great....but not huge.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

jonnhytesta said:
last remnant 2 or blue dragon 2. ms lost it.

The Last Remnant 2 could be fantastic. That game had a lot of great ideas, and a sequel will vastly improve upon it.

Around the Network

NO really do not get hyped for this conference, you're not going to get a big announcement ala a Mistwalker game. Something from a dev in the league of From Software whom make low budget shitty games but nothing big.

You want JRPG? Wait until TGS or get ready to be disappointed.

RPG said:
NO really do not get hyped for this conference, you're not going to get a big announcement ala a Mistwalker game. Something from a dev in the league of From Software whom make low budget shitty games but nothing big.

You want JRPG? Wait until TGS or get ready to be disappointed.

Meh last year they only talked about what was already announced.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Darc Requiem said:
If this conference takes place, I wouldn't be surprised is Lost Odyssey 2 or Blue Dragon 2 were revealed. Blue Dragon 2 was announced a while back but no further info has been released on it. Lost Odyssey sold too well in the West for MS not to be hot for a sequel.

Officially? Where! Link!

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/747/747023p1.html

I should pick up Blue Dragon one of these days. I always see it for like 15 bucks or so at various places.

That anime really hurt my wanting of the game though.

Kasz216 said:
I should pick up Blue Dragon one of these days. I always see it for like 15 bucks or so at various places.

That anime really hurt my wanting of the game though.

The game is very underrated. $15 is a steal for a new copy.