By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are Sony fans so aggressive?

@ seece

I think it's the other way around, especially vivid 360 fans in general seem very aggressive.

I think this in part may be due to the PS3's userbase being more mature in general.

People complain a lot about behaviour on XBox Live for instance.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ seece

I think it's the other way around, especially vivid 360 fans in general seem very aggressive.

I think this is part may be due to the PS3's userbase being more mature in general.

obviously!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

MikeB said:

@ seece

I think this in part may be due to the PS3's userbase being more mature in general.

People complain a lot about behaviour on XBox Live for instance.

I agree.

Initiating social expirement #928719281

And this thread proves they aren't the only aggressive ones. I never see things like that from PS3 or Nintendo fans.

Jboy0990 said:
I'm just gettin annoyed by MS fans who THINK sony is doomed
When really there is no proof
Sony is still selling systems and games so they are still making money

What do you mean there is no proof that sony is getting killed financially?

THEY HAVE NEVER MADE A PROFIT ON THE PS3.

The ps3 wasted all the ps2 profits and the company as a whole is expected to report a 2 BILLION DOLLAR LOSS for fiscal year 2008.

Get your head out of the sand! 

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/22/sony-warns-of-2-9-billion-annual-loss-reveals-restructuring-pl/

Around the Network

What´s lame is how all the PS3 and 360 fanboys keep taking jabs at each other, when this 'war' between the HD systems is a 'farse' save for fanboy and corporate bragging.

In past generations , 3rd place and even 2nd could cause a system to get either few or practically no 3rd party titles....that was the real 'danger' for people who only owned the "loser" systems.

Since the current generation is a whole different beast, where both PS3 and 360 keep getting the vast majority of the same 'big core' 3rd party titles, no matter how often they change places, I don´t see what´s the point in taking this 'battle' to the extreme.

Being the 'loser' systems sales wise, this has not translated into bad 3rd party support.

Being in 3rd place this gen hasn´t translated into little 3rd party support.

If the PS3, on a regular basis, starts outselling the 360 again sometime this year...guess what...3rd party support will for the most part remain the same...if then, the 360 starts outselling it again, same thing, and around and around.

Bottomline....since 3rd and 2nd place haven´t translated into poor 3rd party support, and both systems keep getting the vast majority of the same 3rd party titles, I don´t see the fun in all this bickering between PS3 and 360 fanboys.

Mirson said:

Sony fans do it too!

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=61524

and that thread was locked for being a bunch of pointless flamebait.  So there's a precedent for me to do this.

JGarret said:
What´s lame is how all the PS3 and 360 fanboys keep taking jabs at each other, when this 'war' between the HD systems is a 'farse' save for fanboy and corporate bragging.

In past generations , 3rd place and even 2nd could cause a system to get either few or practically no 3rd party titles....that was the real 'danger' for people who only owned the "loser" systems.

Since the current generation is a whole different beast, where both PS3 and 360 keep getting the vast majority of the same 'big core' 3rd party titles, no matter how often they change places, I don´t see what´s the point in taking this 'battle' to the extreme.

Being the 'loser' systems sales wise, this has not translated into bad 3rd party support.

Being in 3rd place this gen hasn´t translated into little 3rd party support.

If the PS3, on a regular basis, starts outselling the 360 again sometime this year...guess what...3rd party support will for the most part remain the same...if then, the 360 starts outselling it again, same thing, and around and around.

Bottomline....since 3rd and 2nd place haven´t translated into poor 3rd party support, and both systems keep getting the vast majority of the same 3rd party titles, I don´t see the fun in all this bickering between PS3 and 360 fanboys.

thats funny... cause all i see is the 360 fans taking jabs at the PS3.....

Umm CMoney it still looks like ps3s are on shelves of Wal Mart right
They aint doomed quit talking like you know if Sony was honestly doomed do you think they'd continue to make ps3s?

CMoney said:
Jboy0990 said:
I'm just gettin annoyed by MS fans who THINK sony is doomed
When really there is no proof
Sony is still selling systems and games so they are still making money

What do you mean there is no proof that sony is getting killed financially?

THEY HAVE NEVER MADE A PROFIT ON THE PS3.

The ps3 wasted all the ps2 profits and the company as a whole is expected to report a 2 BILLION DOLLAR LOSS for fiscal year 2008.

Get your head out of the sand!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/22/sony-warns-of-2-9-billion-annual-loss-reveals-restructuring-pl/

Lets breakdown Jboy0990's statement for you:

line 1: I'm just gettin annoyed by MS fans who THINK sony is doomed

line 2: When really there is no proof (in relation to line 1)

line 3: Sony is still selling systems and games so they are still making money

Your rebuttal missed the entire point of the statement mister, he is not stating sony is not in financial woe, he is saying that; no Sony is not doomed, just like Toshiba is not doomed and Canon is not doomed (all have reported the worst fiscal earning (negative in the billions) in decades and all are taking precaution to minimize their financial woes.