By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are Sony fans so aggressive?

Strategyking92 said:
Ronster316 said:
BladeOfGod said:
Ronster316 said:

Most (most, not all) ps3 fans= aggressive AND insecure

Aggressive due to been in 3rd place.

Insecure due to been in....... suprise suprise...... 3RD PLACE. Not really. PS2 is still best selling console on market and untill some other non-Sony CONSOLE outsell it Sony stays on top. And Sony won 2 generations and lost 1 generation, compare that to Microsoft who lose 2 generations and Nintendo who won 3 generations and lost 2 generations.

I mean come on, wouldn't you be p*ssed too if your fave company went from 1st to 3rd place in a little over 2 years?

The ironic thing is that the company that is causing sonys downfall are predominantly using the same tactic that sony did 15 years ago (3rd party moneyhatting, buying their way to the top) You still beleve Sony is responsable for SEGA's failures??? You still beleve SEGA was doing fine BEFORE Sony launched PS1???

Paybacks a b*tch, aint it.

Congrats to ps1 and ps2 for winning their generations. (Money talks)

But ps2 is heading towards life support. True, but it's made sony and big profit for about 10 years now? And helped negate the $ loss on the ps3.

Ps3 is DEAD last  Undeniable. But it's not a blowout lead just yet.

And psp is getting its ass handed to it by the DS. I wouldn't say that. The psp cannot outsell the DS, but it has carved it's own little market out.  Outselling almost 3 generations of sega consoles (saturn, genesis, and dreamcast) Is nothing to slouch at. . And also to boot, they are even making a profit!

But nevermind, just like me with regards to Sega you will be able to look back with fond memories when you are playing your nextbox or nextendo.

Whoa dude, I used to condone your rants, but this was the worst one I have ever seen.. It's both pathetic AND wrong.

Ok, enlighten me regarding which part is wrong?

Ps3 is dead last...... check.

Ps2 on its last legs....... check.

psp getting owned by ds...... check.

Ps3 fans p*ssed at the fact that ps3 is in 3rd place....... check.

sony got to the top due to moneyhatting 3rd party games....... check.

Sega never have and never will have the kind of money that sony has to throw around..... check.

Congrats to ps1 and ps2 for winning their generations...... check.

sony fan's looking back fondly at the "good old days" whilst playing their nextbox or nextendo..... work in progress.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
saimcheeda said:

no i meant pakistan in cricket

So I am guessing they put a very good team on the field and are competitive but people act like they are second rate trash and that they have thw worst fans?

That is another thing... some think us Mets fans are the worst... -_-

Another similarity. Damn I have it bad.

Righto

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun

Why does the OP care enough about Sony fans to ask this question? This thread is nothing but flamebait. tch.

Jeronimo66 said:

Well I tell you this my good friend, the fans are what matter the most and I remember a playstation fan saying that he felt sony let him down because of all the former playstation exclusives that are now on 360.

Keep in mind this is coming from a fan, I tell you if sega had stayed in the business and let go almost all of their exclusive games alot of sega fans would have felt let down also, me being one of them, I am a big sega fan incase anyone didnt know.

But regardless of what happened then and what will happen in the future, I will always be a gamer and new and innovative games will always come out fanboys will come and go, consoles will come and go, but games are here to stay, where ever the games go that is where you will see me.

Well, if SEGA was in the business and Sonic went elsewhere then yeah I can see SEGA fans being upset that a 1st party title went elswhere, but that doesn't happen.

In Sony's case they have many 1st party titles that are of high quality and they aren't going anywhere else. 3rd party games, well, Sony can't control what they do. If they want to go multi then they will just go multi. No point in wasting millions of dollars to get it exclusive if they are still getting it anyways. How many times have we seen games this year that we thought were exclusive to one system end up on another? 

I would rather that money be used to make more 1st party titles, and this time around I am seeing many many many of them right around the corner.

I pity the those who get upset because a game is multiplatform. 

Good example is Tales fans who bought the game on 360. Now they call Namco "Scamco" because they feel they ripped them off with the PS3 version containing so much more, meanwhile they thought it wasn't going there.

Those types of fans are everywhere and not just Sony fans like this thread tried to point out.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
saimcheeda said:

no i meant pakistan in cricket

So I am guessing they put a very good team on the field and are competitive but people act like they are second rate trash and that they have thw worst fans?

That is another thing... some think us Mets fans are the worst... -_-

Another similarity. Damn I have it bad.

Im a Mets fan and a Sony fan and i approve this post 100%

OP: R u serious.... u make threads like these calling ppl out and then ask "well why r u so deffencive....?"

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

Sega never have and never will have the kind of money that sony has to throw around..... check.

sony fan's looking back fondly at the "good old days" whilst playing their nextbox or nextendo..... work in progress.

SEGA lost, let it go already.

We aren't in the 90's anymore.

By the way, you look like the aggressive one here, not the Sony fans.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I think you could actually narrow down the assessment to the following: console fanboy + internet = bad ass talking idiot with little basis in facts. This is the same for all the consoles it's just you'd notice more of it on Sony's side on this forum due to the greater number of Sony fans. If we make the assumption that there is a set percentage of console owners who will be fanboys then if one console has a greater number it's very likely they will have more fanboys in their population too. That would be my reasoning behind the Seece noticing it more with the Sony ones than other consoles.

I think fanboys of all consoles have the same attitudes so in my opinion it's wrong to say one group is more aggressive than the other.

Because the Cheerleaders tell them to be.

Ronster316 said:

See, there's your problem... Not check. Unckeck. Hell, even reversecheck. 

PS3 fans p*ssed at the fact that others still say it has no games ... check.

PS3 fans p*ssed at the fact that others still say it's online is inferior ... check.

PS3 fans p*ssed at the fact that others still say that PS3 fans are p*ssed at Sony ... check.

PS3 fans p*ssed at the fact that others say that the PS3 is doomed ... check.

PS3 fans p*ssed at the fact that others say that Sony is doomed ... check.

PS3 fans p*ssed at the fact that others say that the Blu-Ray is not an asset ... check.

PS3 fans p*ssed at the fact that others still say that the PS3's processor is not an asset ... check.

@ Euphoria

Let it go?

Do you think all sony fans will let it go when sony's time is up? (some will, some won't)

Look how aggressive some of them are now and sony is still hanging on in there.

Maybe i can let it go soon......... (pending sony's inevitable defeat)