By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why do people care that games like madworld and gta: china wars aren't sell

Because want more games like them. That is all.

And don't dare say that people don't want GTA.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Don't be such a gaming snob.

It's funny how they compare the DS version of GTA to the PS3/360. One one side, they advertise the hell out of it, on the other...

And then they go and complain how the DS version doesn't sell 2.8 millions first month.

Some people want games like that to sell well so we get more good games, I for one don't care who makes the game as long as its good (I happen to play a lot of Nintendo games because they are consistently good but I find gems from other companies every once in a while)

PS. the OP's avatar still freaks me out, I don't know why but it just does

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Zucas said:
Well i care in hopes of getting more in those series. I really want a Madworld 2 haha.

However, those who didn't play the games are doing it just as a way to antagonize Ninty and further their interests. I've always found it funny that when people question some of the sales of the PS3's top games or the PS3 itself they always revert back to not caring and say as long as the good games keep rolling who cares. Hypocrisy at its finest if you ask me.

Point is sales matter all the time and its despicable that some can think they only matter half the time. It's fine if people don't want to discuss them and only care about playing good games. That's fine but sales do matter and considering this is a sales site I would hope that is why you are here as well.

The difference between PS3 games is that it is grouped with the 360 and there will ALWAYS be high quality 3rd party games coming out for it. The Wii is on its own and any flop of a high quality 3rd party title means that there is less chance of more of those being made for it.

Most of the PS3 low sales criticism is for 1st part titles and those will always continue to come out and be high quality, so you could say no one should care about the sales of those...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Around the Network
jellyfishprince said:

Why do people care that games like madword and gta: china wars aren't selling? Secondly why should nintendo care? it's not like those games are being outsold by sonny games, they are being outside by NINTENDO games. in other words, would nintendo rather have a small slice of the profit from 3rd party games or 100% of the revenue from games they release. i say nintendo should not care. what is the point? with solid AAA titles that are in the weekly top 10 such as Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music and Wii Fit, why do we need other games?

Two things...

1.) Lolwut?

2.) Because Madworld and Chinatown Wars are third party effort and if they don't sell well people believe that third parties will be discouraged in making anything other than shovelware for both systems.

what is shovelware?

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

they want to be able to say "see Wii is for kids and girls and I'm so manly because I don't own one. I'm hardcore"

jellyfishprince said:
what is shovelware?

Poorly developed software which still has a ton of glitches, or it's a poorly ported title from another system and/or a game made in the fraction of the time usually needed to develop and polish game for public release.

I. e. every madden tittle inbetween their 'updates'. IMO.

Maskedpainter said:
jellyfishprince said:
what is shovelware?

Poorly developed software which still has a ton of glitches, or it's a poorly ported title from another system and/or a game made in the fraction of the time usually needed to develop and polish game for public release.

I. e. every madden tittle inbetween their 'updates'. IMO.

Correct, too bad now adays it seemt the   quote HARDCORE quote label anything that they don't like as being shovelware.  

hardcore people are just whiny selfish babies