By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why do people care that games like madworld and gta: china wars aren't sell

Soriku said:
Gamerace said:
People just want to see games that they like be successful so more games like that are made.

For example: I am sorry to see GTA:CW sell so poorly (so far) as it's a really top notch effort and I really enjoy the game. But then the same goes for Dewy's Adventure. I'd love a sequel to that but it'll never happen due to poor sales.

I do find the game media focuses too much on M games and while I do plan to buy both HoTD:Overkill and MadWorld, I don't want them to be big hits because the last thing I want to see is Wii filled with shallow games with a ton of swearing and excess violence. While MadWorld may have some depth, it's copycats likely won't.

Then just ignore the copycats and look forward to the M games that do have depth (because if M games sell well on Wii it'll encourage more devs to make good M games on Wii).

I still don't want developers to think a Wii M title needs tons of violence and sh--loads of swearing to be successful.

I'd much rather a M game with mature themes was a break-out hit.  But at least HoTD & MadWorld are high quality and fun games.

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
You know I was expecting this. Everybody is really watching Madworld and GTA CW. But don't care for Wheelman, Wanted or even Star Ocean, these games probably have worse numbers than Madworld and GTA CW on the NPD.

Wii is the lead console I guess that's the reason of why so many eyes are on it.

Why would anyone care for these? these are HD-shovelware.

Xen said:

Ok and Star Ocean and Red Alert? (Red Alert didn't chart for the PS3) and I don't even want to talk about the number of Valkyria Chronicles in the US

alfredofroylan said:
You know I was expecting this. Everybody is really watching Madworld and GTA CW. But don't care for Wheelman, Wanted or even Star Ocean, these games probably have worse numbers than Madworld and GTA CW on the NPD.

Wii is the lead console I guess that's the reason of why so many eyes are on it.

No I think people here would like to see that the same type of game that would succeed on 360/PS3 could succeed on Wii.   MadWorld, I don't think would have had great numbers anywhere.   GTA's numbers are simply disappointing.

As for Wheelman, etc.  People expect anything not AAA to pretty much fail (or do mediocore) on HD consoles.  If you can't get a rating of 85+ then your game is likely going to flop.  And no one cares because they are all happy playing AAA titles.  When an AAA title does fail (Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia) people do take notice though.

alfredofroylan said:
Xen said:

Ok and Star Ocean and Red Alert? (Red Alert didn't chart for the PS3) and I don't even want to talk about the number of Valkyria Chronicles in the US

SRPG's are a very niche genre, that's for VC...

Star Ocean doesn't have a userbase that'd buy it in the masses, you can see how SO3 did on the PS2, userbase is to blame for SO4's crappy sales.

Red Alert 3 is an RTS on a console. 'Nuff said.

Around the Network

GTA:CW that was a good attempt to harness the DS and make a game in that genre...with Control adaptation's MadWorld could came out for 360 or ps3 or both....I think Sega is really trying to focus on the Wii and P* games wanted to try their luck...but it bombed hard....

Zizzla_Rachet said:
GTA:CW that was a good attempt to harness the DS and make a game in that genre...with Control adaptation's MadWorld could came out for 360 or ps3 or both....I think Sega is really trying to focus on the Wii and P* games wanted to try their luck...but it bombed hard....

Shenmue II was on the Dreamcast and then moved to XBOX Did it help to the sales?

Okami was on PS2 and then ported to the Wii Did that move improve the sales?

Katamari was on PS2 and then moved to 360. Did it help?

Trusty Bell was on the XBOX360 and then moved to the PS3 due the bad sales Did it help?

And Viewtiful Joe, Psychonauts, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and many may others.

I saw some NPD March numbers for GTA on DS (ca 88k) but did anyone see figures for Madworld?

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

DaveD said:
If games like this don't sell other games like this won't be made

Supply and demand.

They offer the supply on the prospect of it becoming a profitable venture, hence the risk aspect of a business product.

We then purchase the product and create a demand for it, if our demand falls short their supply will dry up while they move onto something else.

In other words, PLEASE BUY THESE GAMES, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW OFTEN DO WE ACTUALLY GET UNIQIE TITLES ANYMORE?! WE MUST PROVE THERE IS A MARKET FOR THESE TITLES!

If those games don't sell, we only have ourshelves to blame for title after title being nothing more then a generic first person or another sports game.

@OP
because some people will have us believe that sales are the most important/only factor.