By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why do people care that games like madworld and gta: china wars aren't sell

Why do people care that games like madword and gta: china wars aren't selling? Secondly why should nintendo care? it's not like those games are being outsold by sonny games, they are being outside by NINTENDO games. in other words, would nintendo rather have a small slice of the profit from 3rd party games or 100% of the revenue from games they release. i say nintendo should not care. what is the point? with solid AAA titles that are in the weekly top 10 such as Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music and Wii Fit, why do we need other games?

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

Around the Network

If games like this don't sell other games like this won't be made

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

DaveD said:

but with your logic no one want them. we would rathe rplay wii sports and wii music.. id ont udnerstand your train of thought

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

jellyfishprince said:
DaveD said:

but with your logic no one want them. we would rathe rplay wii sports and wii music.. id ont udnerstand your train of thought

Companies make games that would make them money. If violent Wii games don't do well, why would they make them?

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

But they are selling. And they will end up selling quite well.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I brand thee annihilator of Nintandos's fans' good name!

because if these games dont sell publishers and developers will be less likely to create new games for it. As for nintendo they cannot release games fast enough to satisfy their audience as is currently beingdemonstrated. If there were no 3rd parties the wii would have a severe shortage of titles.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Well i care in hopes of getting more in those series. I really want a Madworld 2 haha.

However, those who didn't play the games are doing it just as a way to antagonize Ninty and further their interests. I've always found it funny that when people question some of the sales of the PS3's top games or the PS3 itself they always revert back to not caring and say as long as the good games keep rolling who cares. Hypocrisy at its finest if you ask me.

Point is sales matter all the time and its despicable that some can think they only matter half the time. It's fine if people don't want to discuss them and only care about playing good games. That's fine but sales do matter and considering this is a sales site I would hope that is why you are here as well.

People just want to see games that they like be successful so more games like that are made.

For example: I am sorry to see GTA:CW sell so poorly (so far) as it's a really top notch effort and I really enjoy the game. But then the same goes for Dewy's Adventure. I'd love a sequel to that but it'll never happen due to poor sales.

I do find the game media focuses too much on M games and while I do plan to buy both HoTD:Overkill and MadWorld, I don't want them to be big hits because the last thing I want to see is Wii filled with shallow games with a ton of swearing and excess violence. While MadWorld may have some depth, it's copycats likely won't.

You know I was expecting this. Everybody is really watching Madworld and GTA CW. But don't care for Wheelman, Wanted or even Star Ocean, these games probably have worse numbers than Madworld and GTA CW on the NPD.

Wii is the lead console I guess that's the reason of why so many eyes are on it.