By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - why do people care that games like madworld and gta: china wars aren't sell

Yea Mad World is doing better than any Microsoft game or Sony game for that platform.

Not sure about China Town Wars though.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I'm a big fan of games, even the bad ones. I grew up playing games and played them when most games were bad. Why do we need games like GTA: China wars and Mad world? Because games like this, even though you might not like them, balance the industry and without it, the games industry might seize to exist.

I'm of the opinion that there are three types of gamers. Core games, who appreciate games for what they are, Fan-boy gamers (they like to call themselves "hard core") who seek only the games they like and then ONLY play those games and claim everything else is inferior and then there are the Casual crowd who couldn't care less.

When the games industry does well, it's the Casual/Fan-boy crowd that helps the industry grow. When the games industry goes bust, it's the Core games that sees it through the lean times. Core gamers will play anything that's fun. Even China Wars and Mad World. If there games don't sell, game companies won't make them and they might loose a valuable part of the core gamers interest. Not everyone want to play casual games all the time.

Even thought high budget games don't always get appreciated by the casual/Fan-boy crowd, they do drive and push the technology into new levels never seen before. I love the original Mario Bros, but we wouldn't have games like Gears of War if no-one ever tried to break out of the simple yet fun game play mechanics of Mario Bros or Tetris. Every game has it's place.

The big question is: Why don't Core gamers take an interest in the DS? That might be a concern to Nintendo because the Core gamer crowd is a very valuable asset to attract.