By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Famitsu reveals first screens on Ninety-Nine Nights 2 and Magna Carta 2

Goddbless said:
I thought Magna Carta was rumored to be a remake of the PS2 version? Anyone know? Can't wait for NNN2 as the first one was surprisingly good. It made Dynasty Warriors seem dull.

It's true. What people refer to as "Magna Carta 1" IS Magna Carta 2, the first was never localized. This is just a remake of that game so it's likely to get bashed just as hard.

They would have been better off making a Magna Carta 3.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
daroamer said:

Nice!

Are the character designs being done by Hyung-tae Kim again?  He's one of my favorite artists.

Pervert

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

ClaudeLv250 said:
Goddbless said:
I thought Magna Carta was rumored to be a remake of the PS2 version? Anyone know? Can't wait for NNN2 as the first one was surprisingly good. It made Dynasty Warriors seem dull.

It's true. What people refer to as "Magna Carta 1" IS Magna Carta 2, the first was never localized. This is just a remake of that game so it's likely to get bashed just as hard.

They would have been better off making a Magna Carta 3.

Hmm, that's interesting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I have no hopes for Magna Carta 2... nice titties, and that's about it.
NNN2, however, looks much more promising.

twesterm said:
LordMatrix said:

Ninety-Nine Nights 2

"Microsoft’s Ninety-Nine Nights was an absolutely beautiful looking game, fun as hell and pushed tons of characters on the screen. But it also featured some of the worst VO acting ever and an abysmal save system. The game could have been amazing with a few tweaks and some online co-op sadly it was not to be, but MS is not one to give up, so they’re back with Ninety-Nine Nights 2. Unlike the original, FeelPlus + is developing the title and if Lost Odyssey is anything to go by, they have the chops to make N32 the title we all knew it could. If nothing else these first screens look impressive."

Would love to know who wrote that, Nintey-Nine Nights really wasn't that good of a game...

It was one of the first games I got for my 360 and was bored of it within an hour.

Sure thing it was Mike from Deeko News off of www.deeko.com its where I found the scans that was also his comment I posted about Magna Carta 2 as well.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Magna Carta 2 Declares Release This Year
By Spencer . April 15, 2009 . 6:47am

Three years ago Softmax announced Magna Carta 2 was in development for the Xbox 360. Later this year it will finally come out in Japan with Namco Bandai as the publisher.

A scan from Famitsu gives us a look at the hero/heroine combination, but few details about the gameplay. Event scenes are presented differently from Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata. Similar to a Game Boy Advance game or something from Idea Factory static 2D character portraits stacked over the 3D world accentuate facial expressions during character conversations. Magna Carta’s strength was its art and it appears that the sequel does a better job of showcasing it. The trinity ring system, love it or hate it, is out too since the game system is newly established. If you haven’t played the PS2 game think of this as another positive note

Will You Give N3 II: Ninety-Nine Nights A Chance?

By Spencer . April 15, 2009 . 12:30pm

Feelplus, known for Lost Odyssey, is developing N3 II: Ninety-Nine Nights. The game is a follow up to the lukewarm Ninety-Nine Nights, but Feelplus assures the sequel has been refined. See the new characters? At the very least, Inphyy and her whiny voice won’t return. The game also has two player support, presumably for co-op which the first game was clearly missing. Hacking and slashing through a screen of weak troops is much more fun with a friend.

Q Entertainment will publish N3 II: Ninety-Nine Nights in Japan later this year.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Omg, more JRPG love for the 360?

The Xbox is a RPG beast.
Keep them comin!

My Gaming Setup

NNN2 looks pretty good in those scans.. as for Magna Carta 2.. i hope it does better then the first one. I hated the first one.. while the story was great, the broken (in my eyes) battle system ruined the game for me before i could even get pulled into the story. Never went back to that game after giving it 3-4 hours of play. Hope they dont make the same mistake again.

Neoraf said:
Omg, more JRPG love for the 360?

The Xbox is a RPG beast.
Keep them comin!

Want to know why they keep putting them on the 360?

Cause its easier to develop for the Sega Saturn than it is to develope for the PS3. Small companies with the exception on "Nis" hate the PS3.

yeah the male characters again from Magna Carta Art